Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Broadband!?

• 15-02-2007 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi All

Ive recently got the Magnet Entertainment Lite package for my laptop the package details are below. Unfortunately I don’t know to much about broadband & wireless ect. When I bought this package I just assumed it was wireless internet but when the package arrived it had all wires everywhere. I have since rang Magnet and she said it is wireless but didn’t explain very well at all. So what is the story how is it wireless if it has about 5 wires in it!??!

Please help

Thanks in advance
    Mark

http://www.magnet.ie/packages/lite.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Fanfan

Nobody can help???

PLEASE HELP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭trojaneater1

Are you taking the piss? Plug modem they sent you in.(to plug socket and phone line). Connect laptop to wireless connection (that is , if your laptop has wireless connectivity):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Hello Fanfan

Dont worry what you are asking is not so out of the ordinary.

Though its referred as "Wireless" it doesnt necessarily means that it has no wires at all. You need to connect following wires

Power supply (AC cable, normally black)

ADSL Cable (line a normal telephone cable) to the phone socket/Microfilter.

And that’s it!

It is called wireless because the connection between the modem and the computer its made without wires. Obviously you are given the option (in case your computer doesn’t have wireless capability or you prefer to use a cable) to connect a cable (Ethernet cable normally yellow).

Now you need to make sure that your computer has a wireless adaptor. If it is a Desktop probably wont, if it’s a laptop and kinda new it probably will, you will need to contact your PC manufacturer to find this out.

To configure your wireless connection you again should contact your ISP or, if you have your username-password you can try calling your manufacturer (lets say DELL).

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 MattE

i find people always get confused when companies say "wireless broadband". irish broadband says it offers wireless but it just means u don't need a telephone line in your house, instead ur connecting through an antenna placed on the roof or through the tv cable! they still give u an ordinary modem, so if u then want to make that wireless ye gotta pick up a wireless router (unless they provide u with a wireless one).

Advertisement