Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

password to reinstall ntl broadband??

Options
  • 15-02-2007 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i was wondering can anybody help me, ive recently had to install some new hardware on my computer and i now have to re-connect my internet connection but when i try do this it asks me for a 'passphrase', i have no idea what it is as some guy from ntl installed it , ive rang and rang and rang ntl and i cant get thru to any1 nor are they replying to my emails.

has anybody any ideas as to what it may be, is it a standard 'passphrase'or is it unique to each customer??

any help would be much appreciated as im goin mad without the internet at home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

ash666 wrote:
    i was wondering can anybody help me, ive recently had to install some new hardware on my computer and i now have to re-connect my internet connection but when i try do this it asks me for a 'passphrase', i have no idea what it is as some guy from ntl installed it , ive rang and rang and rang ntl and i cant get thru to any1 nor are they replying to my emails.

has anybody any ideas as to what it may be, is it a standard 'passphrase'or is it unique to each customer??

any help would be much appreciated as im goin mad without the internet at home
    You don't need a password to reconnect your NTL broadband, at least you don't with Chorus. Can you take a screenshot of this and attach it here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Yep no password needed unless its a password for a wireless router.
    If you gettting a screen asking for an SID and password then thats a different story

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ash666 wrote:

Sounds like your refering to a passphrase in the wireless sense, if so then you'll need to get a WEP/Passphrase off your wireless point

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There is no password for NTL broadband.
    There is no install for ethernet (to be preferred over USB).

If you are using WiFi, then connect via ethernet cable to your WiFi router and follow the manual to setup encryption and passwords (either WPA or WEP 128bit shared key).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ash666

Its a password/passphrase to connect to my wireless
    router that I am looking for, btw (my wirelss router plugs into my cable router)
    (sorry for not clarifying)

Would there be a default passphrase that NTL uses when installin broadband??

if was to reset the wireless router to default factory settings, will i need any
    details from ntl to set it back up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

well you could try using "admin" as the default router password. But why not just reinstall the the router, and reinstall the modem

ash666 wrote:
    Its a password/passphrase to connect to my wireless
    router that I am looking for, btw (my wirelss router plugs into my cable router)
    (sorry for not clarifying)

Would there be a default passphrase that NTL uses when installin broadband??

if was to reset the wireless router to default factory settings, will i need any
    details from ntl to set it back up?

No. Nothing to do with NTL. It is more than likely [as was mentioned before] the password for your wireless router.

May I assume that you got somebody to set this up for you?

If you plug a network cable in between your computer and wireless router you should be able to browse to the router and get the password.

That should sort you out.

I'f I've gone a little too technical on you, please provide as much information as possible, no matter how small. If you think it would help, include screenshots of your desktop to assist.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

IrishTLR wrote:
    No. Nothing to do with NTL. It is more than likely [as was mentioned before] the password for your wireless router.

But don't NTL also supply wireless routers as well?

Cabaal wrote:
    But don't NTL also supply wireless routers as well?

Actually, I'm not too sure. Good point.

Just checked their website and saw no mention of it.

Advertisement