Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to install BB Modem

Options
  • 15-02-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Parents BB modem seems to be acting up and I have a Zyxel Prestige 600 spare
    I got it from utv ages ago but have lost the cd with the instructions and drivers on it

Inserted it onto front then back Usb to Pc but would not pick it up?? Downloaded the drivers from the Zyxel website and loaded them up but nothing

Went into Control Panel to add new hardware but still no joy

Anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Can't remember exactly but during the Zyxel driver install did it ask to make a bridged or routed connection ?

I think routed was the correct one to pick otherwise you have to use something like RasPPPoE to make a connection to it.

Does the device have an ethernet port it would be a lot easier to just plug it in through that interface instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Went into Device Manager for the modem and it had the exclamation mark beside it. Deleted it and then inserted the usb cable in and it picked it up. Had the drivers installed and it just came up with a grey box with progressing update still there after half an hour ?
    Modem does not have an ethernet connection so cannot try that

Downloaded the drivers and and ran the set up. Then windows searched for the drivers but could not find them? Did it manually and browsed to the files I downloaded but still could not find them

Bit lost now anyone ?

would utv still have a cd with drivers they could send out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You certain you had the right drivers to begin with as I think there were quite a few variations of the 600 series didn't Zyxel have some marking on the under side of it saying the exact type like 630C or 650H ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

none of the Zyxel usb modems work in vista either if thats any help

go to pc world or dixons or currys and get the eircom bb starter pack for €25 with wireless ethernet modem inside

Yeah its a 630C-11 and downloaded this from the zyxel website but still having trouble loading it up on Pc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

ethernet is the way to go, €15 for network card and it should fall into place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

stanley1 wrote:
    Modem doesn't have ethernet connection though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

stanley1 wrote:
    You're missing the point. The modem he's trying to install is USB only. No ethernet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Just reading back over the thread I thought I'd mention that the thing to remember is do not connect the modem until you run the setup file contained in the files you downloaded.

kaizersoze wrote:
    Just reading back over the thread I thought I'd mention that the thing to remember is do not connect the modem until you run the setup file contained in the files you downloaded.

Yeah did that and then rebooted and then connected the modem via usb. Picked it up in plug and play and then came up grey box with progressing update. Still like this after half and hour??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Delete in Device manager. Install software and then Refresh computer in Device manager.

Advertisement