Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drive motor with digisat pro meter ?

Options
  • 15-02-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

tried to drive my moteck sg2100a motor which is installed and a spare superjack dg120 motor . but i get "over current" if i connect the meter between the reciever and the motor input connection. i can drive the superjack motor by connecting reciever part of meter to motor lnb inputput and lnb output of meter to motor reciever input connection :rolleyes: . anyone know what way you should connect one of these meter's if you want to drive a motor and measure lnb at the same time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Are you sure you're connecting the meter the correct way round?

Rec IF in (300 mA)
    > [Meter Sat Conn___Meter LNB Conn] --->[Motor Rec input___LNB]

The battery on the meter wouldn't be enough to drive the motor alone, so the meter should go inline between the motor and the receiver - closer on the motor - where it would simply generate the Diseqc tones and the receiver would supply the power.

It could be that the meter is finding itself either under- or overpowered. So try different combinations of 13/18V at the receiver i.e. try with a V channel, then with a H one. It might be worth trying to switch the H/V option at the meter as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

connected the meter between reciever and motor input as you have shown. just get "over current" though. tried dreambox 700s,500s and a kaon reciever. could meter be faulty or what else could i try.

Advertisement