Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How old is too old for Disco Dancing?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Roll on Pancake Tuesday
    Endurance Man, Nala, tuxy, and Unpossible all added to the 'LIST'
    [ziodberg voice] Hurraaayyyy, Im being included [/zoidberg voice]

so is it a sexy list or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

35-50
    Unpossible wrote:

If Pighead knows Beruthial as well as he thinks he does, theres gonna be a lot of pain involved. So if you're a masochist then yes, yes it is a sexy list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Unpossible wrote:

apparently, she either owns, wears, or is 'The Jackboot of Love'.... so, good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

I think it all depends on what "Disco" (lol, Pighead, you really are showing your age with that one!) you're going to, and with what kind of crowd you're going with.

For example, when I used to go to Liquid in Aberdeen, there would always be a couple of middle-aged men standing on the second floor looking down at everyone dancing. The way they'd shift uncomfortably with one hand in their pocket every time the girls would dance together (even if they weren't dancing seductively!) used to make me thow up in my mouth a little. Seriously creepy. :(

But then, I've been to a few clubs where middle-aged people would go in big groups together, and they were just having a great time on the dance floor. They were fun to talk to and have a laugh with.

So! In conclusion, it's your intention that matters. If you're going with some friends to laugh at each other while you attempt to dance, then dance away, Grandpa! But, if you're going by yourself to chat up the young people, best to stay at home. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

They're barely allowed in the door, but kids think they own the place and somehow are the sole judges of what's cool or not. Arrogant little ba$tards. Do they not realise that they're not exactly professional looking themselves. The girls dancing like lap dancers because they've seen too many R'n'B videos on Mtv and the lads doing those stupid "movin' my hands but the feet stay still" dances (or worse, skobes doing the box dancing).ffs. How could someone look any more ridiculous. Snot nosed twats.
    And by the way, the odd time I go to a club, I may gaze at the dancefloor, but only because it's too loud to talk and there's nowhere else to look. Not every older guy is lusting after you girls. Skinny girls with a chest like a twelve year old boy, dancing around ye're handbags? Get over yourselves.
    So in closing, dance on Pighead. Who gives a f@ck what the malnurished looking ****s think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

35-50
    il gatto wrote:
    They're barely allowed in the door, but kids think they own the place and somehow are the sole judges of what's cool or not. Arrogant little ba$tards. Do they not realise that they're not exactly professional looking themselves. The girls dancing like lap dancers because they've seen too many R'n'B videos on Mtv and the lads doing those stupid "movin' my hands but the feet stay still" dances (or worse, skobes doing the box dancing).ffs. How could someone look any more ridiculous. Snot nosed twats.
    And by the way, the odd time I go to a club, I may gaze at the dancefloor, but only because it's too loud to talk and there's nowhere else to look. Not every older guy is lusting after you girls. Skinny girls with a chest like a twelve year old boy, dancing around ye're handbags? Get over yourselves.
    So in closing, dance on Pighead. Who gives a f@ck what the malnurished looking ****s think!
    Ooooooooooooooooh. But, no, you have a point I suppose in some of what you're saying. I recognise I can't dance, so don't try until I'm well banjaxed. As for the girls you mention who bathe in fake tan listening to Pussycat dolls wishing they were somewhere near LA right now with a contract to appear in some **** R&B video, yeah, not my type either...

Advertisement