Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I hide me?

Options
  • 15-02-2007 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

How do I post unregistered? I've looked around but I can't seem to find a likely button to click...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Just logout and click the "Post reply" button on the forums that allow unreged posts.
    This one puzzled me at the start too :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Cheers, DP. I'll try that. I want to START a thread, though. Can I do that unregistered? I'm sure I've seen people do it, especially on the Personal Issues (which I would never post on!) Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

you can only post unregged on certain fora - I think PI and Athletics (for some reason) - you can't do it anywhere you like.

hope that helps.

tbh.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You can only post unregistered on Personal Issues or LGB (and possibly Fashion and Appearance). The unregistered posts are pre-moderated which means it will take a while for it to appear.

Hmmm. None of those is a suitable forum. I guess it's not ESSENTIAL that I post anonymously anyway. Cheers, people!

• Advertisement

rediguana wrote:
    Hmmm. None of those is a suitable forum. I guess it's not ESSENTIAL that I post anonymously anyway. Cheers, people!

ok, I'm gonna need to know what you were going to post about :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

there are instructions in the Rules and Charter thread in PI

tbh wrote:
    ok, I'm gonna need to know what you were going to post about :D

I've posted some career-related posts in the past, involving everything from catsitting to teaching english to retail management. My latest one is about becoming a pilot (see www.jetpp.com). I've noticed many people on Boards fancy themselves as detectives, and will beat you over the head with your previous posts.

I guess I just didn't want to come across as an idiot. All my posts are genuine and, in partial mitigation, I am a student! I'm sure I'll settle down soon ;)

Anyway, completely wrong forum, but my question was "Can colour blind people become pilots?". I actually researched it myself over the past few minutes and the answer (for the colour-blind aspiring pilots among us) seems to be "Um, well maybe...". That's good enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

You can only post unregistered on Personal Issues or LGB (and possibly Fashion and Appearance). The unregistered posts are pre-moderated which means it will take a while for it to appear.

And GFPI too.

OP
    Log out
    Go to required Forum
    Click Start Thread
    You will see an option to log in or post using anon name.
    Post thread as normal.
    Hope this helps.

c - 13 wrote:
    And GFPI too.

OP
    Log out
    Go to required Forum
    Click Start Thread
    You will see an option to log in or post using anon name.
    Post thread as normal.
    Hope this helps.

Cheers, C-13. That was very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A screenshot to help you along the way if you get stuck. From GFPI

rediguana wrote:
    I've posted some career-related posts in the past, involving everything from catsitting to teaching english to retail management. My latest one is about becoming a pilot (see www.jetpp.com). I've noticed many people on Boards fancy themselves as detectives, and will beat you over the head with your previous posts.

I guess I just didn't want to come across as an idiot. All my posts are genuine and, in partial mitigation, I am a student! I'm sure I'll settle down soon ;)

Anyway, completely wrong forum, but my question was "Can colour blind people become pilots?". I actually researched it myself over the past few minutes and the answer (for the colour-blind aspiring pilots among us) seems to be "Um, well maybe...". That's good enough for me!

"Ok Captain Iguana, just press the blue button and everything will be fine. If you press the green button, we're all dead. In your own time...." :)

Good luck with it anyway mate.

Advertisement