Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread locked for no reason

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It wasn't locked for no reason it was locked for a very good reason the same reason it was reported for.
    Have you not the wit to read the thread and see what behaviour caused it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

He appears to be witless alright ... he even thinks I threatned him with a ban?

raido, where exactly would I ban you from may I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ah 6th...postcount++;

There is an edit post button ffs if you think of something a nano second after you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If I had a penny for every post by 6th..

I'd have 4,514 pennies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

6th wrote:
    No one is bashing you here raido, have a look around and see what Boards has to offer besides AH - its a huge place.
    6th wrote:
    He appears to be witless alright ... he even thinks I threatned him with a ban?

raido, where exactly would I ban you from may I ask?

How've I been witless. I've just asked a question, which nobody has answered. It seemed like it just got locked because Terry wasn't ars*d to keep debating the point. If I'm way off the mark tell me and I'll drop this right away.

• Advertisement

raido9 wrote:
    How've I been witless. I've just asked a question, which nobody has answered. It seemed like it just got locked because Terry wasn't ars*d to keep debating the point. If I'm way off the mark tell me and I'll drop this right away.
    You are off the mark by quite a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

It is a bit thick locking threads that go off topic, "off-topic" to some peoples view but not everyones.

I had a thread locked in the construction/planning section because a mod and some lad started disagreeing with each other over the helpful info eash was supplying and then the mod decided to lock it. Its stupid and no-one bothered to Pm me the thread starter why it was locked. Now i have to start a new thread on the same issue as i hadnt finished talking about my topic but the mod was being disagreed with so he locked it. :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055049106
    Heres the thread, this must be the most ridiculous thread locking incident ever. The non-mod was actually making an interesting point that i think is correct to some extent and i hadnt finished replying to that thread so it did not go off topic.

Just because you started a thread does not mean you own it or that you are entitled to a pm if it gets closed.

Nuttzy wrote:
    It is a bit thick locking threads that go off topic, "off-topic" to some peoples view but not everyones.

I had a thread locked in the construction/planning section because a mod and some lad started disagreeing with each other over the helpful info eash was supplying and then the mod decided to lock it. Its stupid and no-one bothered to Pm me the thread starter why it was locked. Now i have to start a new thread on the same issue as i hadnt finished talking about my topic but the mod was being disagreed with so he locked it. :rolleyes:

Heres the thread, this must be the most ridiculous thread locking incident ever. The non-mod was actually making an interesting point that i think is correct to some extent and i hadnt finished replying to that thread so it did not go off topic.

have you tried pm'ing the mod and asking about getting it unlock? Expalin that you think it has not run its course and taht you would rather not start a new thread on the same topic. Maybe the mod will just remove some of the offending posts or open it again with a warning.

Nuttzy wrote:
    It is a bit thick locking threads that go off topic,
    A bit thick? No it's not, it's what mods do sometimes to keep the general well-being of the forum in check and to prevent wild ramblings on a thread (usually after a warning) from staining the bigger picture. I, as a mod, feel a little insulted at the fact that you think it's a 'bit thick' to do this when it's a general part of the duties of a mod, especially considering that this rule is in most, if not all, charters of the fora.
    "off-topic" to some peoples view but not everyones.
    i.e. the Mods discretion. Correct.
    Well, a mod isn't going to PM the OP of a thread if they are going to lock the thread. What if you went on holiday for a month - would the mod have to wait for you to return to then get the go-ahead to lock the thread?
    Heres the thread, this must be the most ridiculous thread locking incident ever.
    :D Oh please! Ever?!
    The non-mod was actually making an interesting point that i think is correct to some extent and i hadnt finished replying to that thread so it did not go off topic.
    Fair enough - in that case you should have PMd the mod that locked it (smashey right?) and explained this to him. If he feels it warrants reopening then I'm sure he'll be happy to help out.

Maybe we should have a charter for users also..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Thaedydal wrote:
    Just because you started a thread does not mean you own it or that you are entitled to a pm if it gets closed.

Have ye no manners?
    Theres too many threads being locked on personal grounds, like in my thread above, the mod locked it because of personal reasons.

Gordon wrote:
    You are off the mark by quite a bit.
    How exactly? Still nobody wants to answer this.

raido9 wrote:
    How exactly? Still nobody wants to answer this.
    I thought you said you'd drop this right away?

Gordon wrote:
    I thought you said you'd drop this right away?
    Once someone gives me one reason I'll drop it. Is that so hard?

Nuttzy wrote:
    Have ye no manners?
    Theres too many threads being locked on personal grounds, like in my thread above, the mod locked it because of personal reasons.

I have but if you think my stating a fact was rude or ill mannered then you don't know the difference and if that is case let me clarify the point by telling you
    to go suck my cock.

raido9 you were given the reason by pm stop trolling for a more public answer.

Thaedydal wrote:
    I have but if you think my stating a fact was rude or ill mannered then you don't know the difference and if that is case let me clarify the point by telling you
    to go suck my cock.
    Very mature indeed. I can now see why you were chosen as a mod.

Yep, big cocks make great mods.

Thaedydal wrote:
    to go suck my cock.

Consider it dropped!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

is it time for the owls yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Thaedydal wrote:
    to go suck my cock.

You've got a cock? :confused:

I'm slightly aroused tbh.

• Advertisement

aemwaitin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I'd like to know why WWMan gets pins and I don't!!! Favortism.

Also haven't had anyone complain about my moderating in month or so. I must be doing something wrong.

Tell you what Hobbes send me some hair to make a voodoo doll and you can have all the pins you want and then some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nobody ever seems to make any serious complaints about my moderating... Just idiot just pops on once in a while and spams everywhere that I'm a huge jerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

IvaBigWun wrote:
    Yeah thats my point too.

really?
    then why didnt you say it?
    IvaBigWun wrote:
    WWM: you took a sabbatical from modding and you werent missed tbh..

actually i didnt. just because i dont do anything you see, doesnt mean im not here.
    IvaBigWun wrote:
    . Ruu does a grand job almost singlehandedly.

theres more than Ruu as AH mod, but i dont disagree that he does a fine job.

as always,. if theres a complaint from you, its a personal one directed at me, so forgive me if take any point you make with a large pinch of salt.

you dont even ask why it was closed. you just complain. i think that sums you up perfectly tbh.
    raido9 wrote:
    Its done if a mod finds the thread boring, uninteresting or differing from their own views.

i would certainly hope not. the thread was locked because a mod abused a user in the forum they moderated, and i called them up on it. yes, i moderated the moderators.
    so the thread was locked to make sure that it didnt spark up again.
    im sorry you dont agree with it, but then again, im not worried about what you think, i do what i think is best for the forum.

so, for those who are here to whinge about how mods stick together, you can cross that little conspiracy off your list. for those of you here that think mods lock threads for fun, you may also cross that one of your list.

i think ive answered any 'points' that have been made. if someone still wants to complain, or as i like to call it, whinge, then feel free to do so. if you make a cohesive point, i'll answer, if you just whinging and calling me names as usual (that would be you ivabigwan) then dont mind if i dont bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

raido9 wrote:
    other quality threads such as 'google left out the L' roam free for pages and pages.
    :eek:

Stop slaggin' me thread ffs.

What the hell did I do to you?

I'm reporting that for personal abuse of a thread I started tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

IIRC I deleted the offending posts in there yesterday, so if someone were to read it now it would make no sense - but I'm not going to visit AH to confirm this.

It was not locked for "no reason". It was locked because we want the thread to die away, and it's no longer valentines day. Find another thread to have your postcount++ for the day.

End
    Of
    Story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I liked the "no manners" bit.

It made me giggle.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

IvaBigWun wrote:
    WWM: you took a sabbatical from modding and you werent missed tbh.

I temporarily banned you from this site a while ago and I certainly didn't miss you. What's your point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

IvaBigWun wrote:
    Do Mods just close their eyes with a pin some days and say "I think I'll lock this for the laugh"?
    I know I do.

Oh hang on, no I don't.

Advertisement