Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice pls

Options
  • 15-02-2007 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have several tattoos all in black on my upper arms and back and legs and am planning on getting my first colour tattoo ( a japanese coy fish on the inside of my bicep) in the next month or so. I need some advice about where the best place to get this done would be. The majority of my tattoos were done by Aaron when he worked in Wild eagle in the lane just off Mary's Street and i havent had a new one since he left.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

bump??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Jap work...

Hmmm.

My vote goes for Mark in celestial.
    Shop around. Look at the different portfolios.
    Ask questions etc.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

the italian guys in art tattoo in temple bar also do japanese work, check em out, sound enough bunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭the demon

check out the new northside ink studio, its by appointment only inkslinger@oceanfree.net good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Jap work...

Hmmm.

My vote goes for Mark in celestial.
    Shop around. Look at the different portfolios.
    Ask questions etc.

Good luck.

Just got my first tattoo done over the w.end by mark, top quality!!! Sound guy!

• Advertisement

Wilburt wrote:
    the italian guys in art tattoo in temple bar also do japanese work, check em out, sound enough bunch

Where is this..do you have a contact phoney numbro please

Wilburt wrote:

Where is this..do you have a contact phoney numbro please

i do actually even though im in the wrong country haha
    here ya go: 016706624
    theyre above cafe irie in temple bar, just down the road from bodyshock

Thaks Wilburt!!

no bother at all

• Advertisement

Just got my first tattoo done over the w.end by mark, top quality!!! Sound guy!

He is very very good, I must say.
    Really nice and he actually listens to what you want done.
    I've found in the other two places I was inked the tattooist would sigh and be like 'But it looks better HERE' kinda job.

But Mark was dead on. And I have my two favourite pieces from him.

He'll be getting an ould visit from me next week. Well. Both of them will! Haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 punctured

Just wanted to say there are a lot of people with differing opinions on who would be best to do your tat. I am a piercer myself and work with tattooists. My advise, for what it's worth is take your time. Look into everything carefully. when I want work done I think of who would have the most interest and experience with the style I want. Theres nothing better than working on something you enjoy and if you find a good artist who has dedicated time and energy to perfecting the style you want they will have a better understanding of how your design should work and what placement will be best for you.
    Always ask to see a portfolio. if you have any questions....ask. If for any reason the artist can't give you a satisfactory answer maybe they're not for you. MOney is always an issue and while good work doesn't come cheap just because they may be charging a high price doesn't mean their work is of good quality. hope this has been of help, if you have any questions let me know could give you some artists to check out too depending on where you are.

This is very true.
    As I've said in the 'Show us' (Dublin skanger term for that thread!) thread Paul in Celestial (Da Greeeeen!) was wonderful to me. I'd suggest have a chat with him. he's really sound and it was clear to me he was more interested in his work than the actual money end of it.

But as Punctured said, get to know a few different artists.

Advertisement