Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring my domain

Options
  • 15-02-2007 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I currently have an ie domain with another provider. I have a vbulletin based forum on it and have been using it to develop/test a few things. I'm always getting database errors with my current hosting provider and it's getting a bit ridiculous at this stage. I haven't launched the site yet, so it's not overly important for me to keep all the data, but i was wondering if a database transfer would be possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Yep, most providers including ourselves give you access to phpmyadmin. With this you can download a zip or text file with you database schema and data contained within. You can then import that on ourside or if you have difficulty with it, our support staff can import it for you.

Regards,

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

And don't forget our attractive domain sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

It's almost as if the sale was timed with my renewal due date!

Thanks a mil for that.

Advertisement