Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone heard of Salad master?

• 15-02-2007 4:41pm

My mother and father have recently fecked out all our pot’s and pans’ and replace them with electric skillets in order to cut out using water oil and fat in the cooking process due to the skillets having petroleum jelly in the bottom and them cooking the food with half the heat!

My dad is having great fun messing around with it and the other day made a chocolate cake from some shop bought mixture and added cucumber into it and something else now I couldn’t taste it at all but I seen him put it in His mate sold him all this gear as well and a cookbook and they are loving it!
    They are using half the vegetables for the 4 of them and the vegetables taste so gorgeous and the carrots taste so sweets with the skin being left on them
    Anyway I scoffed and said it would be another George foreman fad if it ever caught on But I was just wondering had anyone else heard of it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have no idea what you are saying, no idea at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you Google on "Salad Master" you'll find their website. Seems a bit odd to spend what is (I assume) a considerable amount of money, supposedly to encourage healthy eating (although I'd say it's questionable) and then to make something out of a shop-bought cake mixture with E-numbers and god knows what else in it, and then to add cucumber :eek: to the mix!

Indeed, it sounds like a fad to me. If you want to lose weight, just eat less, exercise more, everything in moderation and all that. You don't need any new fangled cooking devices to achieve that.

I tasted the cake , no sight or taste of cumcumber at all , my parent's had a dinner party thingy last night to show (I mean try to sell it ) to their friends
    They were all impressed but when i found out my parent's had bought 3000 worth of cookware in order to save on electricity and food I was giggling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They were all impressed but when i found out my parent's had bought 3000 worth of cookware in order to save on electricity and food I was giggling
    ROFLMAO!

I know coupled with the amount of white wine I had It was very funny

• Advertisement
Advertisement