Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scheduled job

Options
  • 15-02-2007 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I want to schedule a php script to run regularly, but don't have access to cron or anything like that. I figured I could write a small php script that could be included on every page of the site which would fire off the event, but that's still dependant on someone visiting the site. Ideally, this script should run 24/7 - is there any better solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

A bit more information please. Are you sure you have no access to cron? is it a unix server? windows?

Running something regularly is trivial. If you can provide some more info, I'll help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AlbertH

You really need cron to do this. If not then the other option is to get somebody you know who has cron on their server/site to call a page on your site.
    It's a bit of messy but it should work.

If your site isn't too developed then it might be worth considering moving it to a host that gives you cron capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Okay, I hoped I could beta test my site on my own test domain without needing cron, but I guess I might aswell get it working as it's going to be working.

Advertisement