Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Research?

Options
  • 15-02-2007 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Where abouts can one do research in this game? Is it all tied up with Corps etc or what's the deal. I've tried the search with location=any and it comes back with nothing. I have my sciencey research skills nearly maxed and I feel I'm just wasting them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

it depends on what type of research you want done
    copying and mineral effeciency research are near impossible to get slots for as the wait times are usualy 30-60 days. people use placeholders like drones and put them on for insane times to tie up the slots. then they just cancel them when they need em.

for production effeciency and invention the slots are abundant because they arent as important.

what you need is a corp with a station. they can field their own research bays which are faster than empire stations too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Does that drone placeholder still work? I don't think so.

If you cancel a research job the timer will not disappear for you. So if there were 3 days left and you cancel you still have to wait 3 days before you can use that slot again.

Not sure if that effects other people. Probably not as it would be a way to grief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Anything really that'll make the production of ships a bit cheaper. Not bpo copying, no major interest in that, though I guess it is a good source of money maybe.

Is this a Corp that has a POS or a Corp that has it's offices in a station?

construction slots are easy enough to find. thats why its viable to buy pre-researched bpo's (i have over 1.5b worth of small bpo's already)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

you can research material efficiency and production efficiency easily enough, but its only really important if you plan on using the bpo thousands of times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

Research is difficult to do in Empire space, as nearly all the slots seem to be perma booked. Time efficiency and manufacturing slots are not usually an issue in Empire as its Material research to raise Material Level (ML).

The most effective way to do research is via Corp PoS and having a mobile lab stationed at it to carry out material research & all the others as you have your own slots on demand. My Corp carry's out research in this fashion and I head up R&D at the moment, if you were interested in requesting some BPO research convo/evemail "Bill Andrex" I should be able to sort you out.

Some folks set up a one-man corp and launch their own PoS in high sec space to carry out their research.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Although there is a considerable investment in High sec POS, what with the vouchers and stuff, unless of course you get them in a mission.

there are private research companies a plenty. the avergae price your going to be looking at is 14k per hour of research. although most have a minimum research time. to get a battleship to me10 usually costs about 30m.

if you contact edsel in game with the name of the BPO you want and the ME/PE levels you want he will do up a quote for you.

Hobbes wrote:
    Does that drone placeholder still work? I don't think so.

If you cancel a research job the timer will not disappear for you. So if there were 3 days left and you cancel you still have to wait 3 days before you can use that slot again.

Not sure if that effects other people. Probably not as it would be a way to grief.

all you need is 2 research chars
    one puts the placeholder in and cancels, then the other puts what you want in for desired time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I seeeeee.... 10mil is pretty pricey, I thought it'd be a time consuming but cost effective way of making more money out of my building. For example I can make about 100k profit on a Merlin at the moment, but it's not the cheapest around and I don't think the time gathering minerals is worth anything less then 100k.

I might ask around my alliance thing, see if there's anybody with some nice research oppurtunities... might even enquire if the Corp would like to invest, as far as I can see they're a bit gun heavy at the mo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement