Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW 10-day trial question

Options
  • 15-02-2007 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

So I was recently given a 10-day trial card by a friend, and he also lent me the WoW and WoW: BC game discs. I've made an account and everything with the card. My question is, what happens after the 10 day trial? Will I have to buy the games, or just the expansion, or can I just start paying the monthly fee and continue without buying the actual retail versions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

OctavarIan wrote:
    So I was recently given a 10-day trial card by a friend, and he also lent me the WoW and WoW: BC game discs. I've made an account and everything with the card. My question is, what happens after the 10 day trial? Will I have to buy the games, or just the expansion, or can I just start paying the monthly fee and continue without buying the actual retail versions?
    You will need to buy the Retail version of the World (of Warcraft), and perhaps you might want to wait until your 60 before buying the Burning Crusade, or if you want to go ahead and buy it straight away thats fine.

After you have bought the Retail version of the World, you can then upgrade your Guest Pass account, and start to pay monthly, either buy any big credit card type (MasterCard etc) or buy Game Cards, which are roughtly €29.99 and last for 60 days, not play time, normal time :)

Hope this helped, I will be adding this question to the FAQ I'm currently building.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

apperently burning cursade trails are like air...........there everrewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Like Dead said, after the ten days you need to buy a retail key. However, you can buy one from the WoW site for about €20 and you get a free 30 days with it, so effectivily you are just paying your monthly subscription (although a slightly more expensive one to start :rolleyes: ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Like Dead said, after the ten days you need to buy a retail key. However, you can buy one from the WoW site for about €20 and you get a free 30 days with it, so effectivily you are just paying your monthly subscription (although a slightly more expensive one to start :rolleyes: ).

Yeah, you can. But I'd reccommend buying the disks, its just safer, and less to download. Plus, if you install BC aswell you will have less updates to download!

Advertisement