Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A social experiment, so to speak.

• 15-02-2007 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

So i got this text just now, from a number i don't recognise.. Obviously, it's not meant for me.

''hi debbie how r u and d boys i was just thinkin of u today''

So, what should be my reply? Your bestest suggestions please:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

"Uncle John died yesterday. He left me 2.5 million in his will!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"this is the wrong number, please check AH on boards.ie for further info"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

haha!! i sent a txt to a wrong number before... it was jokey msg about a blind date involved talk of kidnappin...long story. but a woman rang me back and i couldn get rid of her, million questions, obviously thought i was gonna kidnap her!! felt like sayin, wud i be textin you to tell you if iwas gonna kidnapp ya!! haha crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

congratulations you have subscribed to free donkey sex pictures at 2E per msg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Busy saving up for my trip to Dallas, got a lot of clients to see. The 'boys seem to be doing ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead had a gormless friend a few years back(Not my friend anymore as I like to surround myself with clever beautiful people) who sent a message to a girl in his class who he fancied saying:

"Hey ya Clare, just to let you know I think you're beautiful and fancy the pants off you, From The Mystery Man"

He showed me what he had sent her and I said to him "Wow thats pretty upfront, won't you be embarrassed when you see her tomorrow?

"Eh she won't know who it is ya big eejit Pighead, sure I witheld my number before I sent it"

I said nothing, just laughed a lot and pointed a bit too. What a spanner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

"You stay away from my boys or I will cut you, you hear me. Now don't contact me again."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

"You've some f*cking cheek to be contacting me after what you did, I'm not going to forget about it any time soon so f*ck off and never contact me again".

One friendship RUINED :D

"You stay away from my boys or I will cut you, you hear me. Now don't contact me again."
    I like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

How are the remedial English classes going?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Give them a link to this thread like biko mentioned or..

"debbies asleep next to me so I don't want to wake her"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Reminds me of the time Darragh O'Briain got a text before the panel from Mick the carpenter saying how he loved him very much, or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

"OMG how R U?d sex change went well.I was thinkin about U 2-cant wait 2 C U & d grls dis wknd BYE!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

"Sorry took so long to wb, with the boys in casuality, imitating jackass earlier, eldest's foot now lodged in youngest's backside, will call later after the probe"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I keep getting call me's, missed calls and texts, all for someone named Owen. This is only happening over the past 24 hours, but it's coming from two different people!

Owen, if you're reading this, stop giving out my number as yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

'Sorry,you seem to have txtd the wrong person, I don't know a Debbie, just to let you know, ktxby'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

seansouth wrote:
    'Sorry,you seem to have txtd the wrong person, I don't know a Debbie, just to let you know, ktxby'
    What an outrageous suggestion seansouth. I'm guessing you have a reputation of being a bit of a mischief maker you cheeky little scallywag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

"H_ D_____ , ___ a_e yo_ ___ the ____ . I ___ ____ _______g __ yo_ _____ ?"

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

connundrum wrote:
    "H_ D_____ , ___ a_e yo_ ___ the ____ . I ___ ____ _______g __ yo_ _____ ?"

Indeed.
    "H_ D_____, ___ a_e yo_ ___ the ____? I ___ ____ _______g __ yo_ _____."

Indeeder. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

B_st_rd! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

'you were thinking of me............funny cause I was thinking of YORE MA !!! '

I presume Debbie thought they were texting another woman so that should add to the (lack of) hilarity .

Seriously though , just tell them they've the wrong number .

Pighead wrote:
    What an outrageous suggestion seansouth. I'm guessing you have a reputation of being a bit of a mischief maker you cheeky little scallywag.
    Agreed, bundles of fun it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ok, i've done this before.
    You need to start by asking who it is.
    Tell the person that all the numbers were wiped from your phone.
    This way you can tell if you are dealing with a man or a woman.
    If it's a man, work your charms and pretend you want a date and hint that it will lead to sex.
    If it's a woman, tell her that you have recently discovered your sexuality and that you are now a lesbian and you have always fancied her etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

There are actually 3 boys. 2 are dead. I have the other one.

Terry wrote:
    If it's a man, work your charms and pretend you want a date and hint that it will lead to sex.

How did that work out for you?Get "yer hole" in the end (no pun intended)?

:p

rb_ie wrote:
    How did that work out for you?Get "yer hole" in the end (no pun intended)?

:p
    Of course. I wouldn't have suggested it to the OP otherwise. Nor would I keep it up.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Big Ears wrote:

Whatever you do, don't do that. Opportunities like this don't come along often. I once got a message addressed to someone else, asking how I was. I had great fun doing a long winded emotional reply explaining how I had become added to smack and was gonna seek help, but I just needed one more hit.

Terry wrote:
    Of course. I wouldn't have suggested it to the OP otherwise. Nor would I keep it up.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    As long as you're using protection...

rb_ie wrote:
    As long as you're using protection...
    I wouldn't use anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the boys are ok, but lefty is going a bit saggy compared to righty, i'm thinking of getting them done. what do u think?

daveym wrote:
    the boys are ok, but lefty is going a bit saggy compared to righty, i'm thinking of getting them done. what do u think?
    Hehe. best one yet.

Big Ears wrote:

If the OP follows this advice, I support a sitebanning for both you and the OP...killjoys.

rb_ie wrote:
    If the OP follows this advice, I support a sitebanning for both you and the OP...killjoys.
    I will also support this and report it to the admins/ smods.
    I will not stand for the opportunity of some random person having the piss taken out of them go unabused.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Could be spam? Then again, I PM'd something to someone by mistake, cause I transposed two letters in their boards name. Thank the gods they ignored me! I was so embarrassed when I discovered my error! :o

Advertisement