Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JNLR survey - more bad news for RTE

• 15-02-2007 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

from RTE
    The latest JNLR/tns mrbi survey of radio listenership showed few changes in the national figures for the period from January to December last year.

Listenership to any regional or local station was 56%, down one point compared with the previous survey which covered October 2005 to September 2006. RTE Radio 1 increased its reach figure by one to 24%. 2FM, Today FM and Lyric FM were unchanged at 18%, 16% and 3%.

Newstalk did not receive national figures in this survey and was included as a Dublin station. Its Dublin figure rose by one point to 9%. FM104, 98FM, Q102 and Country Mix all fell a point in Dublin to 22%, 17%, 10% and 3%. Spin was unchanged at 12%.
    Advertisement

In Cork, 96FM/County Sound stayed at 48%, while Red FM added one to 18%. Beat added one to 17% in the south-east.

The top 10 national programmes were on RTE radio, with News at One recording a strong increase. But Matt Cooper's evening programme on Today FM has overtaken Drivetime on RTE Radio 1.

Frankly not too surprised, Coopers is a bit too easy-going at times but he sure beats "Miss".

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Had an interesting spin through the dial this morning about 9.07 am.

Gerry Whine: "Thank you for my 2% increase on the last figures we're so happy"

Ray DArsey: "We're so happy, we've got two hundred and (whatever) thousand listeners, biggest ever audience, yahoo"

Orla Barry "Thank you we're new but its great to see we're on the up and up"

Didnt catch Turgidly but I assume he was the same.

So, they're all up, apparently. Is this an awful side effect of the immigration boom or are they lying?

Also, from Whiners POV: 2FM ditched Marty (and before him Ruth and Rick) partly because they were pulling down his figures. Now, apparently, they are going back up, with Marty still there. Sounds like the product of a cows arse to me.

You know who should have that 9 am slot - Rick O'Shea, to me by far and away the best on 2fm. Gerry can have a nice slot at 2am on RTE 1.

And, finally, I see Gerry is in a U2 rut at the moment, as he plays them during the opening half hour of his show. Last year it was Madonna, always the first tune. Very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

RTE radio seems to be loosing listeners in every JNLR survey.

Maybe it is poor and tired programming.

It is no surprise Matt Cooper & Tom Dunne are doing well.

Newstalk will do well in the next JNLRs.

RTE Radio will continue to slide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Every time I see the JNLR's I always wonder, how the fook they come up with the figures.... As el Papa said there, everyone said they were up, yet the Indo yesterday said that Ryan was down 15,000, but the last 3 months said he was coming back up.

As its a rolling book, you look at a 12 month sample, and really subtract the earliest 12 months and add in the last three... Can we not have the simple figures for the last 3 months? It would make it a lot simpler, and easier, especially for new shows. Or perhaps the radio industry manipulate the figures so they can collectively bury bad figures/big up better numbers, without implication?

Interesting in Dublin (share), Q102 has been passed out by Newstalk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Plotting a long-term graph could be enlightening.

full station results pdf

programme listenership

Mike.

Advertisement