Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet light red, BB down?

Options
  • 15-02-2007 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

I came home today to find the internet light on the eircom modem red(DSL light was solid green) and no internet. After speaking with the eircom's help line, they concluded it wasn't a problem on my end. They said it might take a week to fix it. What could cause this problem? Could it be weather related? Has this happened to anyone else? I'm back on dial-up.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

STOP!. That router is going to explode. Run. Run now while you can

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

I came home today to find the internet light on the eircom modem red(DSL light was solid green) and no internet. After speaking with the eircom's help line, they concluded it wasn't a problem on my end. They said it might take a week to fix it. What could cause this problem? Could it be weather related? Has this happened to anyone else? I'm back on dial-up.:(

Its normally an ATM issue (or PPPoE but if you called EIRCOM I am sure they checked that). Its probably failing the ATM Loopback test.

It normally takes a couple of days for EIRCOM to fix that, depending on the damage.

Patience now! :)

Advertisement