Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Mocks?

Options
  • 15-02-2007 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey I have french tomorrow and all I wanna know are the opinion/ reaction topics and if someones feeling generous the letter or journal or whatever...Pretty sure its DEB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

i have it up in a previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Would that be the one about meeting a celeb in a cafe, transport developments, loud party letter, le dopage in sport,cars will never overtake bicycles....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

DEB paper is 100%:

Comp 1: Alcohol
    Comp 2: Ida B - really difficult

Q1: About how money or something has led to the rise in alcohol consumption in ireland
    Didn't read the other one

Q2: Diary is you've just finished the BAC...what you think now?

Q3: Can riots ever be justified?

Q4: Students have a lot of presures on them today...what do you think?

sorry i dont have them all those are the only ones i remember

So what was the paper that I listed? Was sure that was DEB or it was according to someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

innocenteyes that one wasnt the deb paper! i definitely had the deb paper and its the one about a noisy party and drugs in sports and all that!

• Advertisement

Thanks be to god, I thought I was losing me marbles! Anyone know what the easiest written pieces would be to do?

couldnt tell ya really... i made a total arse of the whole paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

fonpokno wrote:
    innocenteyes that one wasnt the deb paper! i definitely had the deb paper and its the one about a noisy party and drugs in sports and all that!

im pretty sure the DEB publishes two different mock exams so schools in close proximity to each other won't be able to cheat! i could be wrong.

Il be more specific what were the two obligatory question 1's?

im pretty sure the DEB publishes two different mock exams so schools in close proximity to each other won't be able to cheat! i could be wrong.

that is so mean... ruining all our cheating.

well on my one the question one was somethin about science has done more good than bad for us - discuss type thing or the jewish guy was agressive, would you be aggressive too? (or somthin to that effect, bear in mind im not good at french but the science one is definitely that!)

• Advertisement

Cool thanks. And by the way that is pretty mingy, making sure schools dont copy, sure for gods sake you'd think they would just set the pres for the same time for every school and stop the hassle. DUH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

I had the one today with two comprehensions, one about the first face-grafting and one about two Jewish children in the 40s, was this DEB?

It was a fairly good paper in my opinion, the face-grafting comp was easy but I found the standard of the other comprehension far more difficult than usual. The questions didn't help either!

It was a tough paper - no multiple choice, questions were hard enough and you really had to know your stuff... I'd say I B'd it but I'd be disappointed with anything under a B1 really.

What do you think?

Also, that question about sportsplayers was great! Not that it was true, but very easy to write about

Sports players? Dunno I have it tomorrow and im hoping for the DEB. Do you remeber what the obligatory question 1 on the jewish guy was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

DEB paper is 100%:

Q1: About how money or something has led to the rise in alcohol consumption in ireland

the imelda b was a bitch .. other wasnt too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

DEB paper is 100%:

No!! I had that, and it's NOT DEB. DEB is the one previously mentioned...liud party and whatev.

I found it very easy, even the Ida B thing, and the listening was a joke.

Mackleton wrote:
    Sports players? Dunno I have it tomorrow and im hoping for the DEB. Do you remeber what the obligatory question 1 on the jewish guy was?

Yeah, it was definitely the easier question. It was a personal question, have you ever been attacked in your life? Describe the incident (real or imaginary)

Enjoy that! An easy question if you ask me, and you can lift bits of the attack from the comprehension if you like... There's some good description in it.. eg change 'i got a swift blow to the eye' to the 'nose' or somethin...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Puddle-Jumper

Could someone help me ......my aural was the one where in section 5 there were some teenagers macdolands......what comes up in that paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Puddle-Jumper

Could someone help me ......my aural was the one where in section 5 there were some teenagers sueing macdolands......what comes up in that paper?

Could someone help me ......my aural was the one where in section 5 there were some teenagers sueing macdolands......what comes up in that paper?

That's the DEB paper, see my post above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

md99 wrote:
    That's the DEB paper, see my post above.

u couldnt give us a run through of the written composition could you? the question already mentioned seems pretty easy!- have u ever been attacked:D

• Advertisement

u couldnt give us a run through of the written composition could you? the question already mentioned seems pretty easy!- have u ever been attacked:D

Surely I could.

1st Question was obligatory bout (a) Are the benefits of advances in science outweighing the cons?, (b) Describe an incident (real or imaginary) when you've been attacked before.

2nd question was choice between writing a diary entry which I don't remember coz I didn't do it, and writing an email to the family who you lived beside in France - you stayed in your parents apartment there for a few weeks, and caused a lot of noise, which they weren't pleased with, so they wrote to your family complaining..

3rd question i can't remember, didn't do it

4th I can remember the part I did, part (b), showed a cartoon which implied all sportsplayers are 'dopes' (it used that word) , donnez voz reactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

anyone know what the diary entry was about on the DEB paper??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

If I remember correctly the diary entry was about 'you're coming to the end of your final year of school, the bac is approaching, and you're looking forward to the summer and finishing school, write a diary entry describing your thoughts and feelings at the time' - however that may be wrong ive such a bad memory *cry*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

I have just done the Listening Comprehension with (A Retired Teacher and the Asian Tsunami), what's on the written part of the paper. I really can't find it anywhere on the boards. Please Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

i definitely had the deb paper and its the one about a noisy party and drugs in sports and all that

Nope. My school get examcraft, and I had that paper.

The one I had was the facial transplant girl & some Jewish lad for the two comprehensions.

Q1 was the assaulted one, based from the comprehensions.

Next there was the noisy party thing, an e-mail it was(mine is awful, terrible choice to do, but couldnt remember violence), changes in transport, doping in sport(I laughed at that picture), violence in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    If I remember correctly the diary entry was about 'you're coming to the end of your final year of school, the bac is approaching, and you're looking forward to the summer and finishing school, write a diary entry describing your thoughts and feelings at the time' - however that may be wrong ive such a bad memory *cry*

That's Examcraft. It was marked damn hard...59% o_0 All the long questions had red lines everywhere..ugh. The highest was a 76%..a girl whose first language is french!

That's Examcraft. It was marked damn hard...59% o_0 All the long questions had red lines everywhere..ugh. The highest was a 76%..a girl whose first language is french!

We did the same test, but it was corrected in a hurry and marked very kindly.. I got an A2

Advertisement