Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there any other series like paranoia agent

Options
  • 15-02-2007 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

i was watching this amazing series again and was just wondering if anyone knows any other series like this? possibly something on the lines of vistor q but in an anime.

happy family planning possibly the most humourous episode of anime ive seen. not wanting to make light of such serious subject matter, but it is quite funny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

You could try other stuff by the same creator,

he made perfect Blue iirc, and Paprika too afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

play.com has paprika Due for release on 05/03/2007 so ive just preorded it.

but surely there must be more than 1 director doing strange and f***ed up anime out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

Yeah, Twin Peaks.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Eva24

Maybe you could try Serial Experiments Lain [maybe not quite up to kons standards but it was the first series done by the director for haibane renmei.]
    The boxset is available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i have both lain and haibane. both are brilliant. neither are quite strange or the other thing. haibane renmei is one of the best stories about group relationships i've seen in a long time. i'm actually having trouble thinking of a series like it. ok, lots of anime tell good stories,like mushishi or basilisk, but neither have the character or emotional developement of haibane.

sorry, excuse the spelling:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement