Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum Grades

Options
  • 15-02-2007 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I live in galway and have been playing drums for about 3 years now. I'm looking to do something more formal now like doing grades, I can read drum scores up to a fairly high standard already. Does anyone know where I could start doing that?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

AFAIK, unlike piano, there's no official student-grading system for drums.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There is as far as I know, my cousin just did his grade 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

Is there one for guitar? And do you like need a grade 8 or something to teach people in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Yo, there are a few for guitar, there's the RGT Grades, classical grades, and I think jazz?

Go to McCullogh Piccets (sp?) and you can get the Grade books there!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Jonakin wrote:
    Is there one for guitar? And do you like need a grade 8 or something to teach people in ireland

I wouldn't expect people to question your qualification to teach if you wanted to show kids a bit to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

There are gardes for drums, I'm looking at the grade 4 book right now.
    Check out http://theirishdrumcentre.com

It's grade 1 to 8 and the drum centre can sort ya out.
    It's not cheap tho.

Advertisement