Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Reserve Stations

• 15-02-2007 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Does anyone know which stations have garda reserve attached to them, other than the original pilot stations, which was 2 in Dub, and I think Galway & Cork

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 69sparkie69

hi.
    think some went to store st. in dublin..are you interested in them yourself..??

sparkie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I think most District HQ Stations will because reservists report to Superintendants. Supers usually oversee a district.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 wex

hi.
    think some went to store st. in dublin..are you interested in them yourself..??

sparkie

does that mean that applicants for the reserves would have to be within the districts that currently have reserves in them already, or is there more districts going to take reserves into them. is it invisaged that all districts will have reserves in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

News and Media?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

wex wrote:
    does that mean that applicants for the reserves would have to be within the districts that currently have reserves in them already, or is there more districts going to take reserves into them. is it invisaged that all districts will have reserves in them
    Applicants are processed centrally by the Reservist Office in Garda HQ.

From my limited knowledge, the 'Transfer Restrictions' are different for Reservists than for Regular Members. Regular Members cannot work in Districts where they have close personal ties.

Reservists cannot work in their immediate neighbourhood, but can in adjoining neighbourhoods, and are usually brought to and from their places of duty by Regular Members. I think tours of duty for Reservists are 4 hours long with a short break for refreshments.

It's all up in the air at the moment, and you'd probably be best advised to wait awhile to see how the whole thing pans out.

But remember, people rarely appreciate anything they get for free!

mike65 - this is probably one for the work forum?

• Advertisement

Applicants are processed centrally by the Reservist Office in Garda HQ.

From my limited knowledge, the 'Transfer Restrictions' are different for Reservists than for Regular Members. Regular Members cannot work in Districts where they have close personal ties.

Reservists cannot work in their immediate neighbourhood, but can in adjoining neighbourhoods, and are usually brought to and from their places of duty by Regular Members. I think tours of duty for Reservists are 4 hours long with a short break for refreshments.

It's all up in the air at the moment, and you'd probably be best advised to wait awhile to see how the whole thing pans out.

But remember, people rarely appreciate anything they get for free!

mike65 - this is probably one for the work forum?

sorry, I have just realised that I have posted this in the wrong forum, am a newbie, sorry, does it get changed to a different forum, or does the thread get closed down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

The Reservists are not allowed to work in their own area as reported by the media some time ago,however they may be allowed to in the dublin region. The same as regular Gardai.

Anyone know if this is true?

I thought Sligo was gonna take some reservists too?

yes,
    There are already reserve members working in Sligo, they were on the pilot scheme

but still not sure where the new probationer reservisits are to be stationed.
    There are up to 50 ,I think already on station training in outer dublin, I think santry, blanch, and drumcondra.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Indeed Mike; meant to move this on Friday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement