Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thinking of setting up a business in Advertising (help)thinking of a patent

• 15-02-2007 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

thinking of setting up a business in Advertising,
    but in a very different way :-)
    was looking it up on the net,
    and found a few places doing it,(u.s.a and china)
    but not the very same way i`m doing it,
    could i get a patent,just for ireland,for it ?

cheers mryellow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

You should find the answers you need here

If not then give them a ring they should be very helpful.

Quote from site: "Patents are territorial, in effect e.g. an Irish patent is only valid in Ireland."

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 xbox-face

what is it, i will tell you if u permitted to patent it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Funny – I was just dealing with the Patient office! All ggo but a few things: you have to get it bang on and to do that It looks like that I will employ the services of a Patent Agent (thought I would do it myself – but it looks like I have no choice)

Secondly – It sounds like (as a service) its ‘intellectual property rights you are after – it’s a little different – cant help you out much on that

Good look with the Advertising – its not paved with gold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

First, never mind xbox-face: if you start disclosing your idea, except to a patent agent or someone you can trust, then you may lose any chance of getting a patent.

Second, Blue4ever is correct - most advertising services will fall within the "business methods" exclusion, it's just one of those things you can't get a patent for, unless you have a new product or some other technical invention for use in your business.

If patents are not available (and I'd run it past a patent agent if I were you), then your protection will probably be limited to trade secrets (if that is of any use) and registering the trade mark for you business or service and developing a strong brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Your idea is not novel, it is the same as something being done somewhere else. You cannot get a patent, at least not one that could be defended.

• Advertisement
Advertisement