Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revision Books

Options
  • 15-02-2007 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

Some are really good like The french intensive 10 week plan by cian hogan. thats really good, and the less stress home ec one is good too. But for some like biology books they just cut out 2 much info. My maths teacher says there a waste of money but i suppose it whats one ya get!
    (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Revise wise are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rorymcn

The history less stress more success revision book is fantastic. Taught me more in 3 weeks than my teacher did in two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Essential Revision Guide to LC Maths by Folens is excellent... goes through everything you need to know for Higher Level paper one and two in 135 pages!! It saved me this week... trying to cram with two textbooks is a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

rorymcn wrote:
    The history less stress more success revision book is fantastic. Taught me more in 3 weeks than my teacher did in two years.
    I just got it, very straightforward :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Don't expect to be able to get an A by just going on that book. In fact, you'd be lucky to get a high C with the info in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Some of them are good, if you are doing hons irish and have fiuntas 2, i'd just buy the revisewise irish book cos its just fiuntas 2 condensed! (same guy writes both books)

also it seems to me with the new revisewise books coming, G&M just put a new cover on most of the less stress and brought out a few new shortcuts to success books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Less Stress more success are pretty crap to be honest. Their material is everywhere.
    Rapid Revision is about the best.
    Revise Wise - I got the french book its quite good, although the Irish one was crap as it was the same material as Fiuntas. We're not that dumb like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

To be honest, I am not impressed by any of them, they are all "money spinners" designed to cash in on people just like grinds etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

i would stay away from the less stress ones, as they have no structure whatsoever. revise wise are excellent, esp. higher level maths p1 and p2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Naikon wrote:
    To be honest, I am not impressed by any of them, they are all "money spinners" designed to cash in on people just like grinds etc.
    Yep, just another textbook basically. Stick with your class notes or just get grinds if your teacher is useless.

Advertisement