Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do?

Options
  • 15-02-2007 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi All, Mods-If this is in wrong forum please move thank you.

I bought a mobile phone in oct 2006, the following day i noticed there was a constant buzzing in earpiece when i was trying to make calls so i returned it to the shop and after the usual procedure of sending it away to be checked gave me a replacement phone about a week later. Last month i went to forward a text i had received to my sister, only to find all of my texts had disappeared. This annoyed me as there were some codes for music downloads for the net that i had not used. I rang vodafone and was told "that should not happen", they gave me motorola's phone number and when i rang them they said the same thing, the lady gave me a ref no. and told me to ring back off landline so i could give her the details written under the battery. So i rang back and spoke to a different lady, told her the problem and gave my ref no. and she reckoned id be better off going to the shop where i bought it. Right i thought, i'll email vodafone and see what they say, I was quite annoyed by some of the responses that they gave over a number a emails:I wrote to them stating the problem- They said "Replacement phones are not usually given to customers, it is up to the agents discretion if he wants to give you a replacement handset" -I wouldnt have thought so if it was faulty and in warranty, but anyway that wasnt the issue.
    As regards the messages disappearing off my phone they wrote "The only way these can be deleted off your phone is if you delete them yourself"- so in other words im a liar!Then by chance i happened to notice that my mms templates were all mixed up-- The titles did not match the content!
    Anyway , they said i would have to go back to my agent for him to check it and if need be send it off to be repaired. So i return to the shop on jan 30th, state the problem again they agree to send it off to be looked at.
    I got the "repaired" phone back on the 6th along with the letter from the repair shop(dated jan 31st-thats fast work) stating that its software was upgraded and the handset fully tested to manufacturers specifications.
    Only there's one small problem- the mms templates are still all muddled up.
    Now What i want to know is this -If you were having this problem with your phone what would you do now?
    I now save all texts to sim now- not taking that chance again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Well Guys, since this carry on i was given another phone and Lo and Behold it worked for about 5-6 weeks then suddenly i gained 7 extra MMS templates and they all got muddled up(title did not match content).
    Brought it back last week and was told to come in this week and they'd give me a list of phones to choose from as a replacement. Went in today and the choice was -VK670 or SE v630i. Told them id go home and look them up on the net(wanted to look at reviews etc). I would have preferred a flip phone but dont rate the vk so i didnt really have much choice than to opt for the SE

The only thing thats worrying me now is that the guy said they are demo phones. I said "so they are not new then?" his reply was along the lines that neither was the phone i was returning to them!
    When i rang them this afternoon to tell them that id take the SE, i asked about a warranty etc and from what i can gather i will get a years warranty with it (I think--will double check tomorrow before i commit!!)

I know the SE is worth more than my original phone but as i said above i am a bit worried about accepting a demo phone.
    Should i stand my ground and hold out for a "new" phone or should i be grateful for what they are offering?

Id appreciate a few opinions on this as i am supposed to be collecting it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It sounds like a phone virus more than anything else.

I'd personally insist on a brand new phone, but a different make. Try Sony-Ericsson or Nokia.

Advertisement