Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mother & baby clubs?

Options
  • 15-02-2007 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

i was just wondering does anybody know of any mother and baby clubs/meetings in the area? i have a 4 month old and had heard through an aunt that there was a new mother and baby club being formed around the charlesland area but that was as much info as she had.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scubasteve217

Hi Liam81,

We got a flyer through the door a few weeks ago, advertising an exercise club in the recreation centre beside Jackie Skelly's. I think it is called buggy buddies or something. I was also talking to one of the staff in the pharmacy beside Superquinn and she told me they are hoping to organise a mother and baby club in a few months time - keep an eye out for a notice in the window. They have organised them before and said they have been very successful. Apparently there are lots of new mums and mums-to-be in the estate at the moment, so it would be a great way to meet people. We just moved to Charlesland 2 months ago and I am due in 5 weeks time, so I'm definitely interested. Keep me posted if you hear anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Liam81

thanks a mil scubasteve. i got onto jackie skellys but they didn't know anything about it??? anyway not to worry im sure ill hear something through the grapevine. best of luck with your baby and do be in touch re meeting when your up for it and we'll see if anyone else would be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

buggy buddies is organised by the recreation centre, not Jackie Skelleys. Mrs. L highly recommends it - they run around the track with the buggies, do aerobics etc. I think its now running mondays, wednesdays and fridays

Charlesland Sport & Recreation Park

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

loyatemu wrote:
    buggy buddies is organised by the recreation centre, not Jackie Skelleys. Mrs. L highly recommends it - they run around the track with the buggies, do aerobics etc. I think its now running mondays, wednesdays and fridays

Charlesland Sport & Recreation Park

We have a 5 month old and Mrs Daveco23 attends Buggie buddies religiously - Has made a few friends out of it and and really enjoys the social aspect of it. Plus a good way of shifting the baby fat (Not that she had any of course...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 APG

I can also highly recommend Buggy Buddies. My baby is almost three months old. I have been down on Monday morning - which is a small group. I heard that Wednesdays are busy. Not sure about Fridays, but going to check it out this week.

Has anyone been to any of the mother & baby/toddler groups in Greystones or Delgany ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Liam81

thanks to all for the info. i didn't know that there was a mother and baby/toddler group in greystones!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

There's a Cuidu group on Tues mornings from 10.45-12.15 at the COI on Church Road. I've also heard of one on Mondays, same time & place.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BonnieD

Any chance we could have the dates & times & locations together from all these related threads & put up as a sticky? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

This is excellent. We are moving back to Charlesland in June and will hopefully (if he ever decides to make an apperance) have a 5 month old baby boy. I would love to get involved in something like this.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rugby13

Buggy buddys is run on a Wednesday and Friday morning from 10.15-11.15am !! great workout !!! up on the track at Charlesland Sports Park!!! have our workout then have tea and coffee in the reception area. You shud call about places 01-2016145 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 CSheener

This sounds great - i have a 2 year old . Do mums only go with small babies? Well i'm due no. 2 in May - so maybe when the big ones in playschool i can take the small one. Something to look forward to and judging by the amount of weight i've gained already - i'll be needing it!!!

Advertisement