Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Cornell leaves audioslave

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

SumGuy wrote:
    RATM are doing the Coachella festival
    and 3 dates with Wu Tang Clan....

And apparantly that's all.

well 2 weeks ago coachella was "all". here's hoping :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Good, Chris Cornell is far better solo. His voice is back on top form nowadays since he stopped smoking. Listen to the solo acoustic gig he did in sweden, not one mistake and he hits the high notes on the old Temple of the Dog stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Tom Morello is releasing his own album under his alias the nightwatchman on April 24th cant wait, he s kinda similar to johnny cash but with the passion of RAGE. This guy is a legend forget about Cornell

i wont criticize you but i think that statement was a bit OTT!! tom morello is a talented musician but he doed not show a tremendous amount of range in his work, obviously cash never went heavy metal but ahh poo, iv got a point but im too hungover to argue it. il wait until i hear morello's solo work but i dont expect too much to be honest,stop all this fooling around, bring back RATM!!*

*ok i do realise you said kinda like johnny cash so i take it back!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fandyfan

everyone here seems to b rather negative about audioslave. for me, they are/were my favourite band...im just wondering y u all think they were no good... is it cos u are comparing them to RATM or sumthin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Bit of a shame they split as Cornells voice has returned to its best since he quit smoking. Never really got the whole rage thing to be honest, soundgarden at their peak (superunknown) were class. Didnt mind euphoria morning that much, a bit too much soppy acoustic stuff on it but I have heard worse. The temple of the dog album was great (mainly due to chris ). I am surprised at all the negative stuff about Cornell, he is a fantastic singer (without the ciggies) and a very good songwriter who in my opinion is very under rated.
    Here's hoping for a soundgarden re-union, every one else is doing it!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Screw your ciggy dissing. The best voices in the world smoke 20 a day. Chris Cornell sounds like someone singing through their pee-hole. He has a good voice, but man, are those nostrils he has made of cement or what?

Advertisement