Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pmped shower enclosure - installation.

Options
  • 16-02-2007 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Folks,
    Has anyone had any experience of fitting an Ibiza Quadrant shower enclosure from B&Q? I bought one recently and it won't be delivered until April but I have everything stripped out of the bathroom and want to get everything ready for when it arrives. It's similar to the attached photo.

Does anyone know what size input pipes are required? I assume it's 3/4" and I want to run 3/4" qualpex pipes from the hot press.
    Does anyone know where the inlets are to this shower enclosure? Top, bottom, back etc?
    Are they angled up, down etc? Will I need 90degree brackets?
    I am connecting it to a 3bar pump in the hotpress. I assume Qualpex is okay to use with a 3bar pump?

Also, I am changing around the bathroom and the shower is going where the sink is when I remove the 1/2 inch pipes. I assume I will have to replace the waste pipe as the sink waste will be to small. Anyone know what size waste pipe is required? It should be easy to run. I have a couple of floorboards up already and the waste is just going to run straight between two floor joists to the outside wall.
    Is it straightforward to connect the waste under the shower tray? Any access problems to be expected?

I would probably have most of the answers when the unit arrives but I want to get as much as possible done in advance, including most of the tiling, so any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

I fitted one of these in December, as a replacement for my eBay bought cubicle after the tray cracked.
    I notice that the Ibiza is not on display in B&Q Naas anymore, which I think tells you something.
    It's a very cheap unit and you get what you've paid for, basically the side panels bolt to the back panel with a silicone layer between. The whole lot bolts to the tray, also with a silicone layer.
    The plumbing inets are 1/2 inch, half way up the right hand side panel.
    You will probably need flexible hoses to make the final connection.
    The waste pipe fitting is a real cheapo, I couldn't get a decent replacement in Naas at the time so I had to use it, it won't take a plastic pipe directly so I ended up using an 'S' trap on its side. Bottom access would definitely help.
    I also removed all the body sprays because they are really flimsy at the back and blanked them off.
    At the finish, it works ok for now, I wouldn't be confident that it will last very long. If you can cancel your order I think you should.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Thanks for the info Hoagy. I thought the shower was too good to be true. I cancelled it, got money back and now I am looking again.
    Want something 900 X 1200, preferably with a slightly raised tray to make it easy to plumb in the waste.

On the shower, I have done a small bit of plumbing a long time ago, using copper piping and instantor compression joints. This time I'm planning on using the push in connectors and qualpex. Is it as simple as it sounds? Cup pipes, remove any burrs or filings and push in? Do I need to use any lubricant or sealer?

Advertisement