Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pool in Cork for swimming laps?

Options
  • 16-02-2007 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

...any suggestions? Open Saturday/Sunday? Mardyke would be perfect but I believe membership is required, so something public with lanes? Near there/old mental hospital sort of location.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I've used the mardyke on a pay per use basis but I was always with a member so that may have been why.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I think you can use the Mardyke without joining. No one (including the people working there) seems to be very sure about this, and their website is a mess.

Otherwise, there are the Leisureworlds at Churchfield and Bishopstown, neither of which are too far away. Churchfield is probably nearer - a nice steep walk up through Sunday's Well and Gurranabraher will give you some extra exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

As far as I remember, the MArdyke is pay as you go for students only, other but not lesser :D mortals need membership. It's fairly reasonable though becasue they split gym and pool membership.
    As OP have said, other options are Bishopstown (I know they have lanes) and the new leasure centre in Churchfield (never been there). Both have pay as you go I think but you are restricted to whenever they do public swimming ...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Bishopstown have pay as you go and they have lanes. No real restrictions re public swimming as it has an 18m and 25m pool. The 25m pool has slow, moderate and fast lanes during the week, it may be down to 2 lanes at the weekends, can't remember as I go during the week.

You may be restricted to the 18m for a few hours at the weekends and there is only one lane here, which means the fast and slow swimmers are in together (which can be a bit of a pain!)

You should be able to get a timetable which shows it all very clearly.

I assume Churchfield has the same system

Advertisement