Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auralex Foam wedges

Options
  • 16-02-2007 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hey guys, anyone know where to get this cheap enought? Dolphin Music are looking for around 430 inc P+P for 12 2''x2x4 sheets which is a joke! Its a hell of a lot cheaper in the states but i can't find any dealers that will deliver internationally. Anyone know any where in Ireland to get these at a reasonable price? Or on the net?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Carrigsound

Yeah, it's cheaper in the States because thats where most of this stuff is made. I've spent 4000 euro on my acoustic treatment, but people pay me to do what I do.

If you are any way handy with a saw and a screwdriver you could build your own acoustic treatment. There are plans all over the internet for this, just do a search. I know the BBC plans can be downloaded.
    Also rolls of rockwool make great bass traps, you know, the long cylindrical ones.

Cheers

Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

Yeah the idea was to make some broadband absorbers with 4-6 inch rockwool and having the auralex at the front (mainly for aesthetics, to give the home studio a bit of a professional look aswell as a bit of high mid treatment.

Ah, I see.

If you know what frequency range is covered by your absorber due to its
    measurements, then sticking acoustic foam on the front would alter this.
    A better (and cheaper) way to go would be to stretch some porous material
    across the front of it, done well this can look very smart. "Ditte fabric" is a commenly used one.

Cheers

Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

Yeah i was thinking of usong material is that ditte fibric. Were would you get it in Ireland, or on the web cheap?

If you put "ditte fabric" into a google search the first result is Ikea. This
    brings you directly to the page where you can order it.
    Good luck with the build.

Cheers

Liam

• Advertisement
Advertisement