Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car detailers

Options
  • 16-02-2007 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a quality car detailer and valet service?
    I mean a professional outfit who are well versed in claying and the likes.
    Location isn't too much of a concern.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I use Pat Brown. Does a great job - but not cheap. I don't have his number to hand, but you'll get it in the phone book...............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I have heard good things about carcraft.ie aswell, although I haven't seen any of their work yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I would recommend Daragh from http://www.smartcarcare.ie/catalog/
    he is based in Navan and knows his stuff, give him a call he won't put you wrong.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep darragh, to the best of my knowledge is on his own in ireland regarding knowledge on all things detailing!

stocks the best of stuff and really knows his business

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

I have used Carcraft in the past and I have mixed feelings.

I paid ~€200 fr a full colour restoration on a red Alfa Romeo. When I got the car back it did look very well and they did touch up stone chips etc.. The car looked like it did the day I picked it up from the garage.....

except....

There was still quite a bit of the wax residue on the joints and sills of the car which took a lot of rubbing on my part to get off. They were running a bit late when I picked it up so maybe they did a bit of a rush job towards the end or maybe this is the norm...

I would use them again but I would get them to guarantee to be before they started that they would remove ALL wax from the car before handing it back...

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

how about the beacon car park, where des cullen get's his cars done

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

I'm looking for a mobile valet in the north Wicklow area. Anyone try these guys.. http://www.amv.ie/ ?

Ta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭byrner1

Dr Dre noticed your from the dundalk area , I have a new Valeting/Detailing shop opening at Airside Swords in three weeks .If you can wait a few weeks i can look after you and give you a good deal . If you want my Mobile number Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

byrner1 wrote:
    Dr Dre noticed your from the dundalk area , I have a new Valeting/Detailing shop opening at Airside Swords in three weeks .If you can wait a few weeks i can look after you and give you a good deal . If you want my Mobile number Pm me
    Well his original post was in February so i#m presuming he got sorted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭byrner1

Doh never noticed ! Well maybe it might be dirty again now !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 nicholas.murphy

I used Professional Touch in Cabinteely recently and they did an appalling job, so much so that I've started proceedings to take them to the Small Claims Court.

On a full valet, I had the following issues:-
    - Inside Head Lining - wasn't cleaned, although the rest of the interior looked very well.
    - Roof Gutters - full of grime which is at eye height on a car like mine!
    - Wing Mirrors - tar & dirt spots were not been removed.
    - Wheel Arches - outside of the wheel arches were nicely blackened, but was let down by the inside of the arches being very dirty and still visible.
    - Sills - these weren't washed at all. I had them replaced at the end of last year at a cost of €1400 so they should still look very new.
    - Under Bumpers - these hadn't been washed at all and are very visible when stepping back from the car.
    - Ashtray - finally . . . the ashtray wasn't even emptied, and it was only filled with chewing gum wrappers.

Advertisement