Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Thank you Sir :)

Another week of WiiPoints which are literally burning a hole in my Wii not going to be used!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

megaman 9 dlc also released this week:

protoman: 200 points
    play as protoman.
    -Can only shoot 2 bullets at a time rather than three [Also Shoots lower to the ground]
    -Starts with P. Jet and P. Coil
    -Protoman can do a slide move
    -Can charge up his Buster
    -When he jumps he holds up a shield that protects him from some enemy shots
    -Takes double damage
    -Gets knocked back twice as far
    -Does not pick up any bolts [They don't seem to exist at all]

endless attack mode: 300 points
    endless game where you move screen by screen, trying to complete as many as possible

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing really that grerat this week:

Street Fighter 2: Championship edition: Absolutely pointless release with the superior Hyper Fighter already available.
    Space Harrier: Okay master system conversion
    Mayhem in Monsterland (C64): Curious about this one, it was released at the end of the C64's life when I was just about to pack mine in but only on mail order so could never get it. I remember the demo being brilliant and a rival to any other 8-bit game at the time. Think I'll check it up on an emulator to see if it stands the test of time. Hopefully this means we will see the Creature games. Creatures 1 has dated badly but creatures 2 is still great.

The bloody yanks got stone cold classic Secret of Mana, hope we see it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thats pretty cool, Retr0gamer. As well as opening the door to other Apex games (Cyberdyne Warrior, Retrograde), it might lead the way to more Thalamus games (one of my favourite C64 publishers - Quedex, Hunters Moon, Armalyte, Hawkeye, Sanxion, Delta...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Street Fighter 2: Championship edition: Absolutely pointless release with the superior Hyper Fighter already available.

It's actually the Dash Plus version which came out after Turbo, not regular Champion Edition. I used to worship this one because of the six-button controller matching the arcade button layout. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

would love to see Creatures on the VC, the only 64 games I have any interest in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

3 this week.

Castlevania 3 Draculas Curse: Absolute classic that should be played by everyone. ONe of the best nes games ever.

Devil World: Haven't a clue about this one

Ghosts n' Goblins: Stick with Ghouls n' Ghosts or Super Ghouls n' Ghosts. This one is just really cheap and overly difficult.

Anyone know what was released this week?!

Just wiiware this week, not sure what wil check back later.

Still the australian board has rated 2 very good games that will be out soon. Musha aleste, possibly the best shmup on the MD and Mercs a MD conversion of a superb capcom game with a whole extra and rather brilliant mercs game added on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭smokingman

Alien Crush and Space Invaders fight back (which I got and is a lot of fun).
    Don't know what Virtual Console games got released tho.

Both those games look excellent and I would buy them if (a) I got paid this month :mad: and (b) I had any memory left on my wii.

Nintendo really need to sort the memory problem of the wii out because in my case and I'm sure in others it's costing them sales.

Nintendo really need to sort the memory problem of the wii out because in my case and I'm sure in others it's costing them sales.

I'm hearing ya there Retro, I'm pretty sick of having to sacrafice a game or two every time just to download a new game :mad:

...and with a lot of good games appearing on the WiiWare lately, most of them are in the 2-300 blocks size which makes it even more infruriating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Just copy them to an SD Card and then delete them. I seen somewhere that sometime next year you can play the games off an SD Card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Nice Megaman 3 is arguably the best in the series, I personally prefer Megaman 2 but only just and Phantasy Star 4 is one of the greatest RPGs ever made which did a lot of FFVII's so called revolutionary ideas years before hand. Must get through Phantasy Star 2 and 3 quickly but I'm going to need a walkthrough for PS2, it's bloody tough especially without the maps you get with the retail release.

• Advertisement

I've got 700 spare points at the moment, Mega Man 3 or Castlevania 3 may well get a DL from myself.

Never played Castlevania 3, any opinions?

Never played Castlevania 3, any opinions?

It's stupidly good. Hope you aren't expecting a Metroidvania though, it's an old school platformer like Super Castlevania 4. It's tough, long and has loads of replayability because of the different familiars and paths through the levels. It's rightfully regarded as the best of the non metroidvania games.

Although Megaman 3 is probably just as good, it's a tough call.

It's stupidly good. Hope you aren't expecting a Metroidvania though, it's an old school platformer like Super Castlevania 4. It's tough, long and has loads of replayability because of the different familiars and paths through the levels. It's rightfully regarded as the best of the non metroidvania games.

Although Megaman 3 is probably just as good, it's a tough call.

Metroidvania?

May go for MM3 as a friend is bringing a copy of Order of Eclessia back from the US for me.

Yep Metroidvania. There's no exploration just a straight up action platformer. It also happens to be one of the greatest ever made. It plays nothing like the latest castlevania. Castlevania 3 does happen to be Iga's favourite castlevania game, he was the guy responsible for the metroidvania play style. Can't really go wrong with either game really. Wily's castle in Megaman 3 is epic :) you'll know when you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

Big fan of mega man 3, will be downloading it later on. Bit disapointed at no mario golf. Sure maybe next time.

• Advertisement

Just downloaded the first part of Space Invaders Get Even from Wiiware, looks great and crazy, will give it a proper spin this evening and update.

Might be time to unsticky this thread. The Virtual Console/WiiWare novelty has worn off.

Maybe so...World of Goo was the last thing of any real worth and no one gave it a mention in here...

The only thing I ever watched this thread for was the hope of SuperMarioKart being released on the VC. I am still clinging to that hope...someday maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I was actually just about to ask why it was not been updated anymore.

Pity that they are not making full use of it

I could leave it for a while longer and unsticky it if things don't pick up. Nintendo have really shot themselves in the foor I think. I don't care about the VC games since I got the homebrew channel and I'd love to get some Wiiware games but just don't have the space on my system due to the pitiful 512mb of memory.

I could leave it for a while longer and unsticky it if things don't pick up. Nintendo have really shot themselves in the foor I think. I don't care about the VC games since I got the homebrew channel and I'd love to get some Wiiware games but just don't have the space on my system due to the pitiful 512mb of memory.

they really do need to sort out this memory crap
    but I have long noticed that nintendo are terrible for listening to their customers

I was actually just about to ask why it was not been updated anymore.
    It used to be a Thursday night ritual for me (and to post here afterwards), but I lost interest around August (week after week of rubbish). I sold my Wii in November because I need the funds (and it was gathering dust - 1 good release every 3 months).
    Thats only part of the problem. The other side of the coin is the wealth of old games they have at their disposal, and they keep releasing rubbish nobody cares about. If they released 1 great game and one 'other' game every week, they'd make alot more money.

One can only hope that they know more about their business than we do and that the stagnation of the VC (about half the reason I bought a Wii!) and failure to develop Wiiware is due to unfortunate circumstances at least and not just poor business practice.

anything interesting lately?

I have not turned on my Wii for since Mario Kart came out

World of Goo....brilliant game.

Secret of Mana....not a bad RPG

Other than that, nothing that I went bursting to download...

• Advertisement

anything interesting lately?

I have not turned on my Wii for since Mario Kart came out

Art Style:Orbient is my last one, cracking game and very simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got fed up waiting for Shadowman on the VC so just bought it on Ebay \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I downloaded Secret of Mana before Christmas, it's really good. I'd never played it before, but one of the lads insisted! I haven't played too much yet, but apparently it can be played in 3 player when you meet the other party members. Based on the bit I've played, it could be serious fun with two others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭JonThom

World of Goo is excellent stuff indeed.

Has anyone played Onslaught yet?

JonThom wrote: »
    World of Goo is excellent stuff indeed.

Has anyone played Onslaught yet?

Yep!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055492161

First game in a long long long long time that makes me regret selling the Wii.....

Majora's Mask (1000 points)

Ah well.... :)

I really must play that game again, I never really gave it a chance at the time for some reason.

Actually, I really must finish OoT also, never got the the Final Boss, will do after I beat the Phantom Hourglass :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Is Majora's Mask better than Ocarina of Time? I bought both off a guy I worked with along with his N64 but couldn't play Mask as he had given the memory expansion to his nephew and I never got round to buying one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

smokingman wrote: »
    Art Style:Orbient is my last one, cracking game and very simple.
    Orbient and Cubello are both awesome games, and highly addictive!
    Is Majora's Mask better than Ocarina of Time?
    Divided opinions on this one, but IMHO, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Having never had the chance to play Majoras Mask, am delighted this has finally gotten a VC release. Haven't turned on my Wii in a while either (and odd that the release that gets me to do it is nine years old).

New version of Bubble Bobble is out now on WiiWare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Majoras mask is such a great game, past the second temple myself. I still have to clear Twilight princess. Ive never cleared any Zelda game. I find the OOT requirement for getting Epona a bit much.

I find the OOT requirement for getting Epona a bit much.

Ah come one

seems like a very dead thread now days, where is my .jpeg of a tumbleweed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

This has probably been posted before but it gives a list of upcoming games (no release dates unfortunately).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_(PAL_region)

The original (and still my favourite) Mario Kart is in there as in Pilotwings. It does still all seem a bit half-arsed though, surely this is still a potential goldmine in the right hands?!?

• Advertisement

There's a lot of games there that got ERSB rated and thats what the list is based n. However some games are cluster****s because of legal issues. Pilotwings is probably one and has been on that list for ages. Mario Kart uses a DSP1 chip which I'd say nintendo hasn't bothered to emulate more than likely. I think the best case in point is Axelay. It was released over a year ago in America and japan but still hasn't been released here in europe because the publishing rights belong to some obscure and defunct publisher so it probably will never be released here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Is there anyway to bypass the region locking to use the US store like how psn you just make a US account with virtual credit card?

I don't think so and I think if you can there's problems because your region gets locked in the console.

*cough* *cough* .... damn, this thread got dusty. There are cobwebs on the cobwebs.

For those who still have Wiis, its time to dust them off. Pilotwings is out on Thursday night.

Mr E wrote: »
    *cough* *cough* .... damn, this thread got dusty. There are cobwebs on the cobwebs.

For those who still have Wiis, its time to dust them off. Pilotwings is out on Thursday night.

Oh sweet

The Wii is getting powered up for the first time in ages!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement