Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Both those games look excellent and I would buy them if (a) I got paid this month :mad: and (b) I had any memory left on my wii.

Nintendo really need to sort the memory problem of the wii out because in my case and I'm sure in others it's costing them sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nintendo really need to sort the memory problem of the wii out because in my case and I'm sure in others it's costing them sales.

I'm hearing ya there Retro, I'm pretty sick of having to sacrafice a game or two every time just to download a new game :mad:

...and with a lot of good games appearing on the WiiWare lately, most of them are in the 2-300 blocks size which makes it even more infruriating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Just copy them to an SD Card and then delete them. I seen somewhere that sometime next year you can play the games off an SD Card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice Megaman 3 is arguably the best in the series, I personally prefer Megaman 2 but only just and Phantasy Star 4 is one of the greatest RPGs ever made which did a lot of FFVII's so called revolutionary ideas years before hand. Must get through Phantasy Star 2 and 3 quickly but I'm going to need a walkthrough for PS2, it's bloody tough especially without the maps you get with the retail release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I've got 700 spare points at the moment, Mega Man 3 or Castlevania 3 may well get a DL from myself.

Never played Castlevania 3, any opinions?

Never played Castlevania 3, any opinions?

It's stupidly good. Hope you aren't expecting a Metroidvania though, it's an old school platformer like Super Castlevania 4. It's tough, long and has loads of replayability because of the different familiars and paths through the levels. It's rightfully regarded as the best of the non metroidvania games.

Although Megaman 3 is probably just as good, it's a tough call.

It's stupidly good. Hope you aren't expecting a Metroidvania though, it's an old school platformer like Super Castlevania 4. It's tough, long and has loads of replayability because of the different familiars and paths through the levels. It's rightfully regarded as the best of the non metroidvania games.

Although Megaman 3 is probably just as good, it's a tough call.

Metroidvania?

May go for MM3 as a friend is bringing a copy of Order of Eclessia back from the US for me.

Yep Metroidvania. There's no exploration just a straight up action platformer. It also happens to be one of the greatest ever made. It plays nothing like the latest castlevania. Castlevania 3 does happen to be Iga's favourite castlevania game, he was the guy responsible for the metroidvania play style. Can't really go wrong with either game really. Wily's castle in Megaman 3 is epic :) you'll know when you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

Big fan of mega man 3, will be downloading it later on. Bit disapointed at no mario golf. Sure maybe next time.

• Advertisement

Just downloaded the first part of Space Invaders Get Even from Wiiware, looks great and crazy, will give it a proper spin this evening and update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Might be time to unsticky this thread. The Virtual Console/WiiWare novelty has worn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Maybe so...World of Goo was the last thing of any real worth and no one gave it a mention in here...

The only thing I ever watched this thread for was the hope of SuperMarioKart being released on the VC. I am still clinging to that hope...someday maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I was actually just about to ask why it was not been updated anymore.

Pity that they are not making full use of it

I could leave it for a while longer and unsticky it if things don't pick up. Nintendo have really shot themselves in the foor I think. I don't care about the VC games since I got the homebrew channel and I'd love to get some Wiiware games but just don't have the space on my system due to the pitiful 512mb of memory.

I could leave it for a while longer and unsticky it if things don't pick up. Nintendo have really shot themselves in the foor I think. I don't care about the VC games since I got the homebrew channel and I'd love to get some Wiiware games but just don't have the space on my system due to the pitiful 512mb of memory.

they really do need to sort out this memory crap
    but I have long noticed that nintendo are terrible for listening to their customers

I was actually just about to ask why it was not been updated anymore.
    It used to be a Thursday night ritual for me (and to post here afterwards), but I lost interest around August (week after week of rubbish). I sold my Wii in November because I need the funds (and it was gathering dust - 1 good release every 3 months).
    Thats only part of the problem. The other side of the coin is the wealth of old games they have at their disposal, and they keep releasing rubbish nobody cares about. If they released 1 great game and one 'other' game every week, they'd make alot more money.

One can only hope that they know more about their business than we do and that the stagnation of the VC (about half the reason I bought a Wii!) and failure to develop Wiiware is due to unfortunate circumstances at least and not just poor business practice.

anything interesting lately?

I have not turned on my Wii for since Mario Kart came out

World of Goo....brilliant game.

Secret of Mana....not a bad RPG

Other than that, nothing that I went bursting to download...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

anything interesting lately?

I have not turned on my Wii for since Mario Kart came out

Art Style:Orbient is my last one, cracking game and very simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got fed up waiting for Shadowman on the VC so just bought it on Ebay \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I downloaded Secret of Mana before Christmas, it's really good. I'd never played it before, but one of the lads insisted! I haven't played too much yet, but apparently it can be played in 3 player when you meet the other party members. Based on the bit I've played, it could be serious fun with two others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭JonThom

World of Goo is excellent stuff indeed.

Has anyone played Onslaught yet?

JonThom wrote: »
    World of Goo is excellent stuff indeed.

Has anyone played Onslaught yet?

Yep!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055492161

First game in a long long long long time that makes me regret selling the Wii.....

Majora's Mask (1000 points)

Ah well.... :)

I really must play that game again, I never really gave it a chance at the time for some reason.

Actually, I really must finish OoT also, never got the the Final Boss, will do after I beat the Phantom Hourglass :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Is Majora's Mask better than Ocarina of Time? I bought both off a guy I worked with along with his N64 but couldn't play Mask as he had given the memory expansion to his nephew and I never got round to buying one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

smokingman wrote: »
    Art Style:Orbient is my last one, cracking game and very simple.
    Orbient and Cubello are both awesome games, and highly addictive!
    Is Majora's Mask better than Ocarina of Time?
    Divided opinions on this one, but IMHO, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Having never had the chance to play Majoras Mask, am delighted this has finally gotten a VC release. Haven't turned on my Wii in a while either (and odd that the release that gets me to do it is nine years old).

Advertisement