Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New version of Bubble Bobble is out now on WiiWare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Majoras mask is such a great game, past the second temple myself. I still have to clear Twilight princess. Ive never cleared any Zelda game. I find the OOT requirement for getting Epona a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I find the OOT requirement for getting Epona a bit much.

Ah come one

seems like a very dead thread now days, where is my .jpeg of a tumbleweed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

This has probably been posted before but it gives a list of upcoming games (no release dates unfortunately).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_(PAL_region)

The original (and still my favourite) Mario Kart is in there as in Pilotwings. It does still all seem a bit half-arsed though, surely this is still a potential goldmine in the right hands?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a lot of games there that got ERSB rated and thats what the list is based n. However some games are cluster****s because of legal issues. Pilotwings is probably one and has been on that list for ages. Mario Kart uses a DSP1 chip which I'd say nintendo hasn't bothered to emulate more than likely. I think the best case in point is Axelay. It was released over a year ago in America and japan but still hasn't been released here in europe because the publishing rights belong to some obscure and defunct publisher so it probably will never be released here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Is there anyway to bypass the region locking to use the US store like how psn you just make a US account with virtual credit card?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't think so and I think if you can there's problems because your region gets locked in the console.

*cough* *cough* .... damn, this thread got dusty. There are cobwebs on the cobwebs.

For those who still have Wiis, its time to dust them off. Pilotwings is out on Thursday night.

Mr E wrote: »
    *cough* *cough* .... damn, this thread got dusty. There are cobwebs on the cobwebs.

For those who still have Wiis, its time to dust them off. Pilotwings is out on Thursday night.

Oh sweet

The Wii is getting powered up for the first time in ages!!

• Advertisement

Nice. Pity we haven't got pilotwings 64 because I still have never played it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

did the star wars games come out on eu wiistore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

America gets SNES Super Mario Kart tomorrow (800 points), still no release date for Europe, but hopefully won't be too much longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Phoenix Wright was released on Wiiware yesterday... Looking forward to playing the cheesy soundtrack LOUD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭zero86r

I want SNES super mario kart!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Megaman 10 hitting the Wii Store on the 1st of March! 1000 pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Super Mario Kart is out Friday April 2nd, for 800 points.

I'm on 40 posts per page on boards, and the top post on this page is from 18-11-2008. That's a bit depressing really!

I'm going to try and revive this thread for a bit and see what happens.
    Firstly, its been renamed to cover DSiWare and WiiWare games too.

WiiWare:
    Pearl Harbor Trilogy - 1941: Red Sun Rising
    Kung Fu Funk: Everybody is Kung Fu Fighting!

Virtual Console
    Nothing this week.

DSiWare
    5 in 1 Solitaire
    Soul of Darkness
    3d Space Tank
    4 Travellers - Play French

I'm still waiting for Cave Story to appear on WiiWare, but I did grab Soul of Darkness this morning for the DSi (500 points). Its a Castlevania clone (and so close in graphics, style, enemies, puzzles and everthing else that it probably made Konami's lawyers sit up and say WTF?). Its a very good game, and it has been well received too. For a fiver, you can't go wrong.

Not very good this week.... I don't know why they aren't churning out 3 or 4 VC releases every week on the Wii. The last C64 release was February 2009?!

DsiWare
    Pop Island - Paperfield
    World Poker Tour: Texas Hold 'Em
    Crazy Pinball

WiiWare
    Girlfriends Forever: Magic Skate
    Arcade Sports: Air Hockey, Bowling, Pool, Snooker

Virtual Console
    Aero The Acrobat (SNES)

Another dud week I'm afraid.

WiiWare
    Dive: The Medes Islands Secret
    Family Pirate Party

Virtual Console
    Nothing

DSiWare
    Pop Island Paperfield.

• Advertisement

Virtual Console has just seemed to die which is a pity. Wish they would keep putting out import games and it's not like they have gotten through all the titles.

They haven't even scratched the surface of available titles.
    I'd love to see more C64 games, but the last update was February 2009 (after releasing just 19 games).

Mr E wrote: »
    They haven't even scratched the surface of available titles.
    I'd love to see more C64 games, but the last update was February 2009 (after releasing just 19 games).

I imagine that there just is not the appetite for C64 games, at that price

DSiWare
    Link'n'Launch
    Animal Puzzle Adventure
    Chess Challenge

Virtual Console
    Aero The Acrobat 2 (SNES)

WiiWare
    Sandy Beach
    Chess Challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Picked up Pearl Harbor Trilogy - 1941: Red Sun Rising over the weekend after a bottle of wine and am quite taken aback with how good it is for a downloadable title! It's tough, very tough in fact and it took me a good hour to get past the first level but it's the type of game you can go back to and have a challenge each time (there's no gimmick to winning).

700 points well spent and while there's no multiplayer or online, I'm hoping they'll sort that out for one of the other two in the trilogy....fingers crossed :)

WiiWare
    HoopWorld: BasketBrawl
    Family Card Games

Virtual Console
    Wild Guns (SNES)

DSiWare
    Disney Fireworks
    Drift Street International

Wild Guns is a great game, and often over looked.

WiiWare
    Fury Legends
    Monsteca Corral Monsters vs. Robots

Virtual Console
    Fatal Fury 3 (NeoGeo)

DSiWare
    Hospital Havok
    Primrose
    3D Mahjong

DSiWare
    Wheres Wally
    myNotebook: Carbon
    myNotebook: Pearl

WiiWare
    And Yet It Moves
    Tales of Elastic Boy Episode 1

VC
    Nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Trishtan

WiiWare and the Virtual Console have been left to die, nothing good ever comes out anymore.

Advertisement