Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Picked it up a couple of nights ago (needed something new to play while waiting for Rhythm Thief to be delivered). It is actually really really good. You could probably get through the whole game pretty easily, but if you are going for all hearts, it's a serious challenge.

Recommended - another great 3DSware game.... yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Mr E wrote: »
    Picked it up a couple of nights ago (needed something new to play while waiting for Rhythm Thief to be delivered). It is actually really really good. You could probably get through the whole game pretty easily, but if you are going for all hearts, it's a serious challenge.

Recommended - another great 3DSware game.... yay!

Will probably pick it up tomorrow then! My backlog doesn't approve though :P

Just picked up Super Street Fighter 2 (800 wii points) from this week's releases. It's the Megadrive version but updated with online play.
    Played a couple of online matches, it works great, took less than 10 seconds to find an opponent :)

This week's other release is the original Legend of Zelda on 3DS for non-ambassadors (ambassadors do get an updated version with a new home screen icon + save states) for €5.

Still no Mutant Mudds or VVVVVV.

Out on Thursday:

Block Factory (3DS)
    Inchworm Animation (3DS)
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (Wii)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Block factory is a fairly good Tetris clone. Enjoyable but nothing you have not seen before. It's reasonably priced at four Euro. 7/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Anybody pick up Inchworm? Looks interesting. (It's an animation package including stop-motion I think). Burned my last few quid on Colours 3D only to find I can't draw, worried about finding out I can't animate for s*** either :)

• Advertisement

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Block factory is a fairly good Tetris clone. Enjoyable but nothing you have not seen before. It's reasonably priced at four Euro. 7/10.

-adds to major backlog- :pac:

Seems VVVVV is due out here on May 10th :) (going by Nicalis' tweets)
    Never played it..might try out the flash demo first.
    Really want Mutant Mudds to come out already...

Mighty Switch Force has a free 5 level update coming "soon"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

-adds to major backlog- :pac:

Seems VVVVV is due out here on May 10th :) (going by Nicalis' tweets)
    Never played it..might try out the flash demo first.

Really want Mutant Mudds to come out already...

Mighty Switch Force has a free 5 level update coming "soon"

I got it with the humble bundle back around xmas, its good fun with plenty of exploration and challenging platforming, I didn't finish it but I dare say you'd get 4 to 6 hours out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

3DS: Game and Watch gallery 2 (Gameboy colour) -4 Euro
    Wii: Super Hang On (Mega drive) 900 points
    DSI: Cat Frenzy- 200 points

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/04/nintendo_download_3rd_may_2012_europe

After a dreadful few weeks, it looks like my first eShop purchase since Potzol's Puzzle in April will be next Thursday when Mutant Mudds finally reaches us here.

Forgot about VVVVVV, so I'll be grabbing that too.

Grabbed both on Friday. Mutant Mudds is actually very challenging once you get past the first few levels. Some serious pixel-perfect platforming and timing required

VVVVVV, difficulty-wise, is on another planet entirely. A seriously seriously challenging game. The cool thing you may not have noticed is that although the main story is a huge map and a serious challenge, there are a lot of other user-created maps included (which include their own stories and demented challenges). Well worth the money.

• Advertisement

Mutant Mudds looks great! Gonna add it to my backlog later....still have to go through Yoshi's Island + Wario Land 4! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

VVVVVV, difficulty-wise, is on another planet entirely. A seriously seriously challenging game. The cool thing you may not have noticed is that although the main story is a huge map and a serious challenge, there are a lot of other user-created maps included (which include their own stories and demented challenges). Well worth the money.

I personally think that VVVVVV actually plays MUCH better on the 3DS than on the PC!!! The controls just seem that little bit tighter. I finished the main campaign, including getting all the orbs, and am almost finished Notch's level. Gonna work my way through the other user-created ones after that!

Finished VVVVVV. Only 735 deaths. I'll do better the next time. :)

No great games out this week here, but I just spotted that the yanks are getting Mole Mania today. One of the cleverest puzzle games on the Gameboy and I'll buy it in a heartbeat when it surfaces here. Shigeru Miyamoto worked on this game, and it shows. Some of the puzzles are ingenious.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/K_WX9jkOodWva4IMeVzCSlUyTAniJGvC

No great games out this week here, but I just spotted that the yanks are getting Mole Mania today. One of the cleverest puzzle games on the Gameboy and I'll buy it in a heartbeat when it surfaces here. Shigeru Miyamoto worked on this game, and it shows. Some of the puzzles are ingenious.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/K_WX9jkOodWva4IMeVzCSlUyTAniJGvC

Looks like fun, some of those puzzles remind me of similar ones that popped up in Minish Cap.

Upcoming stuff :)
    3DS:
    SpeedX (Gamelion) (08/09)
    Johnny Kung Fu (UFO Interactive | €6.00) (08/02)
    Virtual Console:
    3DS: Toki Tori (Two Tribes | GBC | €4.00) (08/02)
    Wii: The Last Blade (SNK Playmore | 900 Points) (08/02)

Kinda spammy...but i have 2600 Wii Points on mine not being used, if anyone wants to swap them for....idk a 15 euro eShop voucher or anything let me know! :pac: (urgh the eshop not gifting stuff)
    I'd gift you the titles from my Wii, will also throw in the next 500 wii points i get as well...(should be soon)
    let me know if you are! apologies for this btw! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Anyone else getting pee'd off with the eshop over the past few weeks(months/year)?

I was hoping, prob like everyone else in the world, that Ninty would be adding at least 1 or 2 GB/C games PER WEEK, but each time I go to the eshop on Thursday evening to see if there is anything I want to BUY I just find, nothing, except maybe the odd 3dsware (which most are rubbish and I wouldnt pay them prices except a couple but I'm talking about the VC).

I mean, I know they have to deal with dead licenses with the GB/C/NES/GameGear titles etc, but they have all their own titles(AAA) that they can lash up, but my god, if this is the way they are dealing with the eshop since the launch of it last year, I dread to think with the Wii U eshop will be like. At this rate we will never see GBA games. Get the god damn SNES/MD games up too, thats what everyone wants and will pay for.

I'm p!ssed, get the f'ing finger out Ninty! I want to give you my money for these EXTREMELY old games already! :mad:

Absolutely ridiculous.

The fact that there was nothing worth reporting in this thread since the start of August speaks volumes.

Still waiting for Mole Mania (released 2 months ago in the States).

By the way, the image in your signature is broken....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yeah I heard NWR talking about it at the time, liked the sound of it and went to see if we ever got it too.

Terrible stuff. How does NOE,NOJ,NOA get away with all this. I think they listen to no one on advice on how to run an online shop. If the Eshop was a Bricks and Mortar store, it would have closed down a long long time ago.

Also with the lack of actual hardcopy 3DS games coming out until Epic mickey in november, there is nothing my 3ds will be doing except being a paper weight.

Dont even get me started on the disaster that was NSMB2....

I had a browse of the eshop last night, and among all the crap, I saw that Mole Mania finally came out a month ago - I had no idea. I just finished the first couple of worlds. If you're looking for a good puzzle game, it's worth picking up.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/molemania/molemania.htm

• Advertisement

Anyone pick up The Denpa Men? I played the demo last night, seems like a fun JRPG-style dungeon hack, but might get a little samey. Getting splinters off this fence...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Wario Land 3's available now for €4.99

Super Mario Bros 3 is coming out on the 3DS VC in Japan on Tuesday.
    It's not a matter of "if" it comes out here, now it's "when".

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/29/super-mario-bros-3-bounds-onto-japans-3ds-virtual-console-jan/

Retro City Rampage is out on WiiWare next week (for the good old Wii).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-22-retro-city-rampage-due-on-wiiware-next-week

I want to play it, but my Wii is packed away (I took it away for Christmas for my nephew and niece to play on), and I'm not sure I could be bothered to hook it all up again. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But can't you play WiiWare games on Wii U? Or did you get a Wii U?

Check the link.
    A Wii U release has yet to be announced, although you can, of course, play the game on Wii U via access to the Wii Shop Channel.

I don't have a Wii U (yet!)

it got mediocre reviews aswell :( . its on PS3 and Vita too.

Luigi's Mansion up today (for stupid money, naturally - this is eshop!) as well as Harmoknight, Code of Princess and the Fire Emblem demo. Also a few retail carts go digital, including Resident evil revelations and mercenaries, with the mercs price being almost reasonable at €9.99. 25 for Revelations is less so.

Gbc version of Harvest Moon is on the VC. Any idea how it compares to the snes?

Transfer Tool is live for moving your Cart save over to the download version of a game. Given the obscene cost of download versions relative to trade-in-able retail carts and the lack of a discount if you've registered the game already there's no incentive to do this, but maybe you're made of money?

Escape Vector is on sale for 5 quid.

I think Harmoknight is a runner for me, might grab it tonight. €15, but apparently good value (lots of content).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Have they stopped selling eshop credit in bricks and mortar stores? I've recently got the nintendo bug buying a 3DSXL but dont want to use my credit card anymore.

Advertisement