Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to UCD

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Everyone please never ever get an X bus in through town during rush hour. I kid you not it took 30 mins for my bus to get from Stephen's Green to Eden Quay this evening :eek:

I get the DART to Sydeny Parade which is usually grand, takes 35 mins or so but it's the 2/3/18 bus services that's the problem. There has been endless occasions where the bus will be behind the barriers when the DART pulls in. Loads of people who get off the DART use the 2/3 or 18 to get to Belfield. That's grand but do you think the bus drivers will wait at the bus stop for even one minute just after the barriers go up while people are getting off the train? No. It was a killer the other day seeing the bus drive off while I was exiting the station and then I had to wait a half hour for the next bus! Arrghh! :mad:
    Get the DART to Booterstown and walk, it's about 20min to the N11 Gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Simona1986 wrote:

sure its a 20 minute walk from sydney parade too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

funny how myself and spectator were attacked and yet others are allowed to chat freely! dont get me wrong i hope no one else has to feel the wrath of the moderators but its funny..........

Garret wrote:
    sure its a 20 minute walk from sydney parade too
    Lol well it's quicker from Booterstown, you'd want to time it though as it probably works out even with having to stay that bit longer on the DART

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I get the 17 to Belfield from Blackrock, got for a whole year back in the day and it was an absolute nightmare. I remember one evening in particular, loads of us waiting for the bus and nothing for about an hour, went up to the inspector to see what the story was and told 20 of us that we must have missed it because one had gone through 20 minutes previous :rolleyes:. Nice try DB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Font22 wrote:
    funny how myself and spectator were attacked and yet others are allowed to chat freely! dont get me wrong i hope no one else has to feel the wrath of the moderators but its funny..........
    funny how there is a report post function that you can use to moan.

don't assume we've read every single post and thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Simona1986 wrote:
    Lol well it's quicker from Booterstown, you'd want to time it though as it probably works out even with having to stay that bit longer on the DART

really? cos according to map my run its shorter from sydney by like .05 of a mile

also you get to go through tesco, where food and drink is nice and cheap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

Sangre wrote:
    don't assume we've read every single post and thread.

Not to be a smartass, but isn't that exactly what's required of moderators?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Been there!

Methinks you've complained about it too......

**** that reminds me to fork out for supposidely avoiding payment on the DART a month back. My claims that there was no-one in the office and the machines were off fell on deaf ears. Oh and if the 50 quid isn't paid by tomorrow it's legal action. Bastards.

Not to be a smartass, but isn't that exactly what's required of moderators?
    Yes, we pre-approve every post before it comes so we're always up to date!

We try and read every thread but sometimes its hard to keep up. If there is an abusive post it may be a day or two before we get to it. Sometimes a life gets in the way.

Now piss off, I've a disgusting hangover.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Simona1986 wrote:

I'm lazy. Doing that walk going in for 9am lecture isnt good for anyones health. Plus i've one of those bus/rail tickets that just has to be used and abused til kingdom come.
    **** that reminds me to fork out for supposidely avoiding payment on the DART a month back. My claims that there was no-one in the office and the machines were off fell on deaf ears. Oh and if the 50 quid isn't paid by tomorrow it's legal action. Bastards.

I hope you forget to pay it Siward

nothing could be funnier than you ending up in court

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Commuting to UCD is an absolute pain ...if it wasnt such a good college and the only one with my course I would most definitely rethink about going somewhere else. The transport links to UCD are quite good from my area with 3 buses running to UCD, 37x, 38x and 39x. But to be honest they take about an hour and a half minimum and by the time they reach my stop are all full. The thoughts of standing for that amount of time after an 8-9 hr day in college- not all people have 2 lectures a day. But at the moment I drive to UCD. The only way to get there is through town if I dont want to have to go the M50. It takes on average 1hr- 1hr 30 mins on a good day. The annoying thing is that I can do it in about 40 mins during the day or at night. UCD is the only college on the island offering Veterinary and I suppose I should be happy to go there but the commuting is so tiring, frustrating and a waste of time that could be better spent on studying or other things.

Why don't you take the M50 so? It only takes 10min to drive from Dundrum exit to UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

the wicklow bus at 6 didn't come the other day, i had to wait till half 8 for the next one! not cool.

well i say wait, i mean give out till around half 6 and grudgingly go back into the bar! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Yep I get the number 17 from blackrock. Funnily enough...ha ha my eyesight isn't so good so sometimes when I see it in the distance I get all excited, but it just turns out to be the dolphins barn bus and my mood deflates.

I think there is a pattern to it, well the old timer I talked to at the stop seemed to think so, but I can't be arsed noting down the times it actually comes at, and dublin bus have ignored my requests for the "real" timetable. I could cycle but am scared to!

Why don't you walk from Blackrock? It would be much quicker than waiting for the 17 everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

I've just found out I will most likely be moving into my brothers flat in a month or two (he is moving away for the year) so that would place me right in the city centre and having only to deal with the 10/46A. I'll be very interested to see the effect it has on my study and especially in relation to my social life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Sangre wrote:
    Why don't you walk from Blackrock? It would be much quicker than waiting for the 17 everyday.

Probably take me about an hour, by the time I get to uni I'll be most likely drenched and/or pissed off.......plus well effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Cycling is the only way to go. You do get soaked the odd time but nothing could move me to use public transport any more than is absolutely necessary. A packed dublin bus or dart at nine on a wet morning is my idea of hell.

Where in blackrock do you live? Coming from the village it would take you 35minutes tops to get to the UCD entrance.

Not to mention the benefits of exercise. Anyway on the off chance it is raining when you leave get the bus (its actually quite rare).

• Advertisement
Advertisement