Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to wear in nightclubs

Options
  • 16-02-2007 3:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

im hitting the clubs on saturday
    and i wanna know is there a strict dress code
    will they let ya in with t shirt ,runners etc
    were planning on going to redz mainly.
    would i get in with runners i hate wearing shoes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

mAdCLuBBER wrote:
    would i get in with runners

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 POLO9N

r u for real mate, the bouncer afraid u can run faster than them when doing a runner' so no runner in da club mate..
    a ben sherman jumper, Levis, big earring and pair of Kickers will be the proper dress code!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

mAdCLuBBER wrote:
    im hitting the clubs on saturday
    and i wanna know is there a strict dress code
    will they let ya in with t shirt ,runners etc
    were planning on going to redz mainly.
    would i get in with runners i hate wearing shoes
    You're goin to redz

they'd let you in in binbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mAdCLuBBER

rite then im just gona wear a grey BSjumper , jeans, and shoes
    btw what barcode like it that strict aswell been planning on going there during the week.
    and is monday night in redz still 3E drink i read that somewhere on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭g-punkteffekt

well "mAdCLuBBER" yes you sound like you'll be dressed up like a little darling I'm sure you'll look gorgeous. You sound like you're 18 or so - being that age you just have to accept that you're a liability and bouncers don't want to let you in anywhere, you're more liable to get too drunk and fall around, vomit, get in fights, and discourage older clientele that will spend more money. I was in the same situation when I was your age, when I think back I think that I was wasting my time, and should have done something more constructive than try to get past bouncers so I could get rat-arsed in some sh*thole bar.

• Advertisement

good guess i just turned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭g-punkteffekt

well there are probably some places that let young people in, I think Bar Code does, I'm sure they let 16/17/18 year old chicks in but it's always going to be tough for a lad your age. There was nothing worse than the feeling of dejection after I had been looking forward to going out all week only to be humiliated by bouncers, arrrgh what a nightmare.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

start small.try bondi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

fvckit, bouncers are just power mad wxnkbags

Try anywhere ye wanna go, just always have a backup plan

Sure I get refused from 21 sometimes and im der 2ice a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

well there are probably some places that let young people in, I think Bar Code does, I'm sure they let 16/17/18 year old chicks in but it's always going to be tough for a lad your age.

I don't understand this at all. I'm only 19 but I have yet to be refused entry into a pub or nightclub. Except for one time when I failed to read the sign that said "over 21's only".

For the record Redz is crap, the ceiling is low and the walls wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

mAdCLuBBER wrote:
    and is monday night in redz still 3E drink i read that somewhere on here

It's €2 a drink on Mondays actually :D It'll be a lot easier to get in with runners during the week, on student nights.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

grimloch wrote:
    I don't understand this at all. I'm only 19 but I have yet to be refused entry into a pub or nightclub. Except for one time when I failed to read the sign that said "over 21's only".

For the record Redz is crap, the ceiling is low and the walls wet.

if you go up p1ss drunk, with young people or look funny at them you'll get hassle, and some clubs are easier than others, try the likes of howl at the moon, club 92, crystal, to a lesser extent the palace and see if you get in easy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

if you go up p1ss drunk, with young people or look funny at them you'll get hassle, and some clubs are easier than others, try the likes of howl at the moon, club 92, crystal, to a lesser extent the palace and see if you get in easy :p

I havnt been refused from a single club (including all of those, with the exception of 92 one paddies night when I went up with a few youngish looking lads who werent in anyway regulars) since I became overage a few years ago, I think as long as you dont look like/speak like a knacker and are sober enough to string a 'not too bad not too bad, yourself?' together to the bouncer when he asks you how you're doing youre grand. That and not going up in a group of more than 5 lads, though thats pretty much commonsense.

well i went out on sunday instead but had a great laugh redz was not open
    bbbboooo
    but went to qbar and then barcode
    we had no problems at all.

can someone give the adresses of all these clubs or were they are
    howl at the moon, crstal, club 92
    ive never heard of these

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Club 92, Leopardstown

Howl at the Moon, Mount Street

I've never heard of Crystal.

wear is tomangos
    and do you have to pay in

an also whats it like big small
    cheap drinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

mAdCLuBBER wrote:
    can someone give the adresses of all these clubs or were they are
    howl at the moon, crstal, club 92
    ive never heard of these

No offence mate but if you are going to redz and barcode in a ben sherman jumper and runners and are just 18 i wouldnt set my sights on krystle or 92 any time soon.. I hear renards is a good laugh though. You should try there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Crystal is on harcourt street. NEarly everu club has let me in wearing runners. Havent worn shoes in years, and i never will again when heading to clubs in dublin.

• Advertisement

now see i bet if i tried that i get refused just my luck haha
    went to redz and had a great night.
    another one im hearing now is 21s wers this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

right across the road from reds on d'olier street, used to be called Coyote Bar.. or something

Advertisement