Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what did he mean?????

• 16-02-2007 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am with this guy on and off for about two years.He is crazy about me(so he says) and calls/texts/sees me every day.He lives in another town but works in my one. I had a bf wen we frist met and I finished with him(not 4 this fella)

Anyway the last few months we got REALLY close-he started talking about moving in etc- and i said no cos ill be honest i dont trust this guy and I dont want a relationship with him.We are having fun and thats how i like it.

we have a weird relationship and we always end up fighting and telling each other to **** off - then in the next few days 1 of us contacts the other and we are back to square one.I will be honest i really like this guy and the sex is great... but a few days ago we sat down and said we have to end it cos hes gettin too attached and I dont want a relationship.

Then two days later he called over to borrow a dvd and we ended up in bed. Afterwards his phone rang and he went out of the room.When he came bk he said "I gotta go the girlfriends wondering where I am"

I freaked out and told him to leave-I was in tears(sounds daft) but i really like him- and i was sick he moved on so fast.

Then yesterday he text me and said he lied and that he only said that he had a gf so id hate him and not wanna see him anymore so he could move on.

But HE was the one who rang asking to borrow a DVD - HES THE ONE that kissed me first....

I dont get it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I am with this guy on and off for about two years.He is crazy about me(so he says) and calls/texts/sees me every day.He lives in another town but works in my one. I had a bf wen we frist met and I finished with him(not 4 this fella)

Anyway the last few months we got REALLY close-he started talking about moving in etc- and i said no cos ill be honest i dont trust this guy and I dont want a relationship with him.We are having fun and thats how i like it.

we have a weird relationship and we always end up fighting and telling each other to **** off - then in the next few days 1 of us contacts the other and we are back to square one.I will be honest i really like this guy and the sex is great... but a few days ago we sat down and said we have to end it cos hes gettin too attached and I dont want a relationship.

Then two days later he called over to borrow a dvd and we ended up in bed. Afterwards his phone rang and he went out of the room.When he came bk he said "I gotta go the girlfriends wondering where I am"

I freaked out and told him to leave-I was in tears(sounds daft) but i really like him- and i was sick he moved on so fast.

Then yesterday he text me and said he lied and that he only said that he had a gf so id hate him and not wanna see him anymore so he could move on.

But HE was the one who rang asking to borrow a DVD - HES THE ONE that kissed me first....

I dont get it

Sounds like you're made for each other.

Seriously, you need to make up your mind what you want. If both of you want the same thing, whether it's fun or something more, then there's no problem. If you don't you should end it now before you get hurt.

Oh, if he's hopping between the sheets with you with a gf waiting in the wings he's a dirtbag.

Just because he knows it should end doesn't mean he's able to actually cut it off. He just wants you to end it so it'll be easier for him.
    And tbh, you should end it. He sounds like a headwrecker.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

No relationship should be that head wrecking.
    Either sit down with him and have a frank discussion about what you want or finish it and get on with your life.
    It's that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

bluewolf wrote:
    He sounds like a headwrecker.
    How do you figure that bluewolf? She's the one who claimed she didn't want a relationship, yet is seeing the guy on and off for the last two years.

Whatdidhemean? that is not meant as a slight against you, but I think you should get your skates on. I think the ball is in your court, and as inferred already, you seem to have a chemistry that is hard to come by. Why not give it a proper go? See what would happen? What would you lose? I honestly would nt read into the girlfriend thing. It's clearly a mind-game. Why say it like that, if not to get a reaction? Trust me it's a petty trick, but very do-able. And proves that he's hurting.

davyjose wrote:
    How do you figure that bluewolf? She's the one who claimed she didn't want a relationship, yet is seeing the guy on and off for the last two years.

Whatdidhemean? that is not meant as a slight against you, but I think you should get your skates on. I think the ball is in your court, and as inferred already, you seem to have a chemistry that is hard to come by. Why not give it a proper go? See what would happen? What would you lose? I honestly would nt read into the girlfriend thing. It's clearly a mind-game. Why say it like that, if not to get a reaction? Trust me it's a petty trick, but very do-able. And proves that he's hurting.

Yes but he's the one who:

Actually, I'd call it equal I suppose. Still doesnt sound like theyre good for each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ELLIEO

you have being leading this guy up the garden pat no wondering he's telling you he has a girlfriend he's tiring to get you to cop on that you do have feelings for him , you can only play at having fun for so long before someone is going to start having feelings for the other , i feel sorry for this guy having to resort to telling you that he has a girlfriend just to stir up some kind of reaction , sit down talk to him try make a go of it if it doesnt work then at least you would know you gave it a shot what have you got to lose or are you just the type of person that likes leading someone on & rather have one night stands. if this guy is ringing /txting every day it sounds like he's mad about you either give it a go or let the poor guy go and let him find someone who really wants to be with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

asidefrom anything else u don't trust him, trust your instints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

also you had just finished with your x when you got wit him, why not take some time to yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I dont get it

Que? From your post it sounds like you dont know what you want. Id say he figures you have been giving him mixed signals for all this time why cant he do the same. My advice is end it now it doesnt sound like a very healthy relationship. Oh and just because a guy kisses you when he comes over to "borrow a dvd" doesnt mean you have to hop into bed with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

ill be honest i dont trust this guy and I dont want a relationship with him.

:rolleyes:

What the fúck are you wondering about his motives for? Sheesh.

You just experienced your first class A díckhead that gives the rest of us a bad name <stupid bástards :mad: >

Chalk it up to experience and move on. BTW, what on earth did you waste your time with someone you ended up telling to fúck off every few days for?

K-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

In all fairness, you DON'T WANT TO BE WITH THIS PERSON... So why do you care if he has a girlfriend? (assuming he does)...

You don't have a relationship so what he does when he's not around you is none of your business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Ok.

The guy is obviously mad about you.

You don't want to be with him, but you want to sleep with him, have "fun" with him, and honestly you enjoy all his attention.

Leave the poor guy alone to get over you or else get with him, and by that i don't just mean sex

It's obvious what the story is here, you just enjoy his chasing you, you don't want to feel tied down, to me anyway, though he may be sending mixed messages at least you know his feelings towards you, whereas with you one minute youre sleeping with him, the next youre saying you dont want to be with him, youre the one thats all over the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Hold on, you want him for sex, don't want a relationship with him but yet you "really like him" and got upset to know hes sleeping with other people?Jesus, women...

Make up your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_and_I

I DONT WANT A RELATIONSHIP.

Moved on from what I thought you didn't want a relationship with him? I agree with the two above posts. This thread should be call "what do I want?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

asidefrom anything else u don't trust him, trust your instints!

Yes, why don't you trust him?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

Aside from the fact he shouldn't have said there was a girlfriend when there wasn't it sounds from where i'm sitting like your messing with him not the other way round. he's mad for you and you know it. .....therefore it should be up to you be responsible enough not to get into bed with him....seeing as you know thats what he wants. By allowing it to happen you're letting him think your relationship is still viable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Your post is completely contradictory. Very hard to give advice when you can't decide whether you like this guy or not. Be 100% honest with yourself and then act accordingly.

(For what it's worth, it sounds like he's just a handy f8ck buddy but your ego won't allow him to be with anyone else)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Miss Fluff wrote:
    (For what it's worth, it sounds like he's just a handy f8ck buddy but your ego won't allow him to be with anyone else)

You have a point there. But it is one of those confused (and confusing) situations.

You are not doing each other any good and the relationship, if we will call it that is not healthy.

Whenever i hear the term "on/off relationship" i always think of ... its on when it suits you, when you want to do something (or someone) else its off.

He borrowed the dvd? and kissed first? YOU responded, did you stop and say NO... obviously not. It takes two to tango and i suspect that in actuality there are two sides to the story. You are playing each other then beating yourselves up over it... not healthy.

Advertisement