Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil usage down in last 6 months

Options
  • 16-02-2007 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I just got my 1000 litre kerosene fill and noticed that over the same period last year, we have used approx on average 2.5litres less/day.
    This is a huge decrease in consumption and I know what some of you might be thinking that I had a leak last year, but I didn't. Even my wife who was out working this time last year, has been at home this year and would have had the heating on, makes it even more incredible.

I have to put it down to 2 things.
    1. I hadn't gotten the boiler serviced properly in 3-4yrs so last summer I replaced the nozzle, set up the electrode gap and gave it a good clean in the burner area. Then I got someone out to give it a good clean in the boiler housing and set up the air/fuel mixture properly. The reason I had to do the burner section myself is that my local service rep wont touch them as they are the Grant Euroflame "snorkel box" type burner. But I have no problem doing that bit myself.
    2. I went around all the windows & doors just before winter and sealed up any draughts with clear silicon and that rubber insulating foam. The heating is now not on for as long as it normally was to heat up the house.

At least with the price of oil increasing, it made me happy that I was getting that little bit more out of my 1000litres

Advertisement