Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house

Options
  • 16-02-2007 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

ironsight's unfortunate tale of woe with a recalcitrant Super/Inspector has reminded me of something I've wondered from time to time:
    What's the situation with a gun owner moving home from one Garda Division to another, particularly if they have pistols or other 'scary' stuff?

Are you looking at essentially starting off from scratch again as regards security inspections and all the rest, or does your 'good standing in the community' follow you from the previous Division?

I have no intention of moving, but it's a question that has occurred to me a few times, to which I've found no satisfactory answer.

Has anyone here got any real world experience of this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Good question Rovi. I know only one who has recently moved with .40 (Dublin southside to northside) and he did have an inspection but after he rebewed.

The question I think you raised is will a super hostile to fullbore pistols (or whatever) honor the cert, revoke it (dangerous ground that) or refuse to renew:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

It is a good point, but I fail to see how one Division can be different from the other (however we are living in Ireland I suppose) as they are all bound by the same rules..

I would be gutted to find the Super in my next Division disliked .223s's and tried to revoke my licence if I were to move.....

Getting somone's experience would be interesting.....

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Trojan911 wrote:
    I would be gutted to find the Super in my next Division disliked .223s's and tried to revoke my licence if I were to move.....

When the remainder of the CJB '06 is enacted, it won't be up to the super, you'll be applying to the commissioner for .223 certs :eek: .

Agree with you though.......there shouldn't be different rules/requirements for different districts. Level playing field & all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

all you do is arrive at your new district with your licences,ask for the address to be changed to your new address and thats it.dont be going looking for inspections,your firearm is certified you are already in the system so say nout,if there is an issue it will come up at renew time.that is when you will know what views the super has.

Advertisement