Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre seam frayed?

Options
  • 16-02-2007 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Just bought a new tyre a week or two ago (admittedly in Halfords - it's just so handy to pop in there when you're out and about!) and the seam has started to fray on one side - leading to a pretty wobbly ride.

Any ideas as to whats causing it before I go and buy a new tyre elsewhere? Is it just a crap tyre or do I have the wrong size tyre/tube/wheel? I checked the brakes and the pads are nowhere near the tyre....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

sapper wrote:
    Is it just a crap tyre or do I have the wrong size tyre/tube/wheel?
    You tell us. What size/type of tyre is the new one and what was the previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

All 700x35/38C - so it shouldn't be the reason...just trying to figure out why the tyre would be bursting at the seam...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Was the tyre installed correctly?
    It could be a one-off flawed tyre. You said Halfords is handy when you're out and about - pop in and ask them for their evaluation and then a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

how did you install the tyre??use levers or not??, was the tube sitting it the tyre properly, did you inflate it a little before you put it in??was the tyre inflated proper?? what brand is it??conti, schwable, bikehut or cheap and cheerful halfords brand?? they wont exchange that tyre if you bring it back. how bad is it?? and finaly dont ride with it, you could get in a accident.

Advertisement