Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint for Narrow Hall/Room

Options
  • 16-02-2007 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not very good with these things, but can anyone recommend a good colour paint for a narrow room or hall? I can imagine that some colours could make a place look claustrophobic and others could open it right up.

I know what I like but am having difficulty imagining it up on the wall.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hi all,

I'm not very good with these things, but can anyone recommend a good colour paint for a narrow room or hall? I can imagine that some colours could make a place look claustrophobic and others could open it right up.

I know what I like but am having difficulty imagining it up on the wall.

Any help appreciated!
    How about one of the off whites?
    We have Honey White in our hall/landing and its lovely and bright and airy.
    I think its was Dulux, they have a million shades of white.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have a very long and narrow hall as a result of an extension, i have maglonia from woodies, which is a lovely bright colour and reflects light really well

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Light colours will open up a small confined space, dark colours will close it in. So any light, bright colour will help ... your choice. We have the opposite problem, a quite wide open hallway, that we've made appear narrower with a nice dark terracotta like colour.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Alun wrote:
    Light colours will open up a small confined space, dark colours will close it in. So any light, bright colour will help ... your choice. We have the opposite problem, a quite wide open hallway, that we've made appear narrower with a nice dark terracotta like colour.

Alun is spot on... keep it pale creams, whites with a hint of colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

Thanks all,

Greatly appreciated!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement