Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Text To Win Competition Lines

• 16-02-2007 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Mods, please feel free to move this, I just couldn't decide what the most suitable forum would be.

Basically, I am hoping to find information on how to go about setting up a Text to Win competition line, for work.

I'm sure some of you might be familiar with those 50xxx numbers that many radio station use when running a competition. The fee to enter is usually between 60c and €3, or thereabouts.. well I need to find out which companies supply those numbers and how it works.

I have contacted one company, but they seemed a bit confused by my explanation, so if anyone can word it better, or has a better idea of who I should contact I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks a Million,

Audrey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

A crowd called zamano have hounded me in the past. But we don't believe in ripping off our listeners so we just use a standard mobile number.

I believe Corinthian is in this line of business actually... I remember talking to him about it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Oh its not actually for a radio station, its as fundraising for a Non for Profit organisation. It might not even get off the ground, but I still have to get as much info, and quotes, as I possibly can.

Thanks for that though, I might contact him and ask him a few questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Mods, please feel free to move this, I just couldn't decide what the most suitable forum would be.

Basically, I am hoping to find information on how to go about setting up a Text to Win competition line, for work.

I'm sure some of you might be familiar with those 50xxx numbers that many radio station use when running a competition. The fee to enter is usually between 60c and €3, or thereabouts.. well I need to find out which companies supply those numbers and how it works.

I have contacted one company, but they seemed a bit confused by my explanation, so if anyone can word it better, or has a better idea of who I should contact I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks a Million,

Audrey
    These guys can sort you:

http://www.redcircle.com/contact.php

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't forget the mobile operators take a large slice too.

at the other extreme In the UK there are non-geographic numbers where the person dialled gets 1p a minute - call cost is about 3p a minute. You won't make a profit, but you won't rip off the callers either.

general info
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/consumer-affairs/communication-services/regulation_of_premium_rate_telephone_services?tab=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

OK, so I sent a PM to Corinthian but didn't get a reply.
    Was just wondering if anyone has anymore info on the scheme and how it works?
    Actually, to be honest, I have contacted a few companies that have been recommended, but bar one, they haven't got back to me with any additional info.
    Can't understand that, why wouldn't you return a call or email if there is money to be made?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

i work in this sector, pm me an email addy, preferbaly with gmail chat/msn enabled and i'll talk you though your options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

keep working on TC.

this is exactly his line of work.

Advertisement