Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovens in kitchen

Options
  • 16-02-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi All

Does anyone know any reason why we should not put two full size built in ovens one over the other.

I know there are double ovens, but the second oven is too small.

Many thanks

Paddyo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I have never done this, but off the top of my head, the issues you might run into are:

- Making sure the enclosure can hold the weight (shouldn't be a problem though)

- Adapting the enclosure to the correct sizes.

- Making sure the wiring can cope with two ovens plus your hob rings on full-blast at once. At first glance, I don't think this will be any issue, but you really need to get the specs for the hob and the two ovens, and ask the electrician whether it's all going to be ok. Make sure the sparks is really sure about this - you don't want fuses blowing on Christmas morning.

- you will want a separate cable from the wall for each oven. Do not daisy-chain the ovens. The reason for this is to make it easier to remove one of the ovens if necessary, and to make sure that the cable isn't electrically overloaded.

- You want to have enough ventilation in the kitchen and at the back of the unit.

- There may be an issue in the spec of the ovens requiring the ovens to be a certain distance apart. You should check the oven specs. I can't see any problem with this, since the control panel will keep the chambers apart, and these units are designed to fit under a hob.

Sometimes you see this sort of arrangement in TV chefs' kitchens (not that you should allow what you see on the telly to be a guide for anything you do).

Advertisement