Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downloading

• 16-02-2007 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    We just got broadband in our new apartment and I was messing around on Live last night and I noticed something really annoying.

In my old place, downloading demos etc. was a cinch. If you had to go out, you could turn off the 360. When turning it back on, the demo would continue to download from the last position it was at.

Now it begins right at the start! I had it 69% downloaded and when I logged on again it started from the start - boooooooooooo :confused:

Still, it eventually downloaded and Crackdown is a hoot.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I don't think it is starting again from the beginning, it's just the way that it calculates what is left to go is a bit crap. You'll probably see the download bar move a lot quicker when you've restarted the download as it recalculates where it's up to already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Same thing happened to me. The bar started from the begining then jumped half way through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I know this info was posted up before, just cant seem to find it, is it true you get four free months of xboxlive gold when you sign up via the 360 four times? I got my 360 at xmas and havent subscribed yet, but was wonderingwhether thiswas true and whether you can keep the same username etc wen repeating to sign up foreach month free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

shortys94 wrote:
    I know this info was posted up before, just cant seem to find it, is it true you get four free months of xboxlive gold when you sign up via the 360 four times? I got my 360 at xmas and havent subscribed yet, but was wonderingwhether thiswas true and whether you can keep the same username etc wen repeating to sign up foreach month free.

You have four seperate months of live on your console to start.
    Which means you can create four different accounts and they each get 1 month of live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

alrght thanks, does it have to be done through the 360 itself

• Advertisement
Advertisement