Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McMahon & Trump

• 16-02-2007 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

What is the story with Vince & Donald Trump?
    When I heard of the Trump v Rosie match a number of weeks ago I thought surely Trump isn't gonna get involved in wwe. It can't be for the money is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

WWE and The Apprentice are on the same network or summit like that, and bosses are hoping the crossover will boost ratings for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Glenman wrote:
    What is the story with Vince & Donald Trump?
    When I heard of the Trump v Rosie match a number of weeks ago I thought surely Trump isn't gonna get involved in wwe. It can't be for the money is it?

At Wrestlemania, it'll be a wrestler of Trumps choice versus a wrestler of McMahons choice.

If Vince loses he gets his head shaved. If Trump loses he must do the same.

It will draw money I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

This will draw huge money and publicity but Im still not sure who is going to get their head shaved.My guess is that it will be Vince cos I dont think that there is anyway that donald is going to allow "his" hair to be shaved right off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i reckon it'll descend into a double dq and noone will get their hair done, someone will interfere to save vince who i reckon will be the only one whos hair is in danger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Vince has to get his head shaved. It can't be Trump, and the fans will be left ripped-off if no one gets their head shaved. And seeing as how they're going for mainstream publicity with it, it'll be more than just the regular WWE audience they'd be ripping off

• Advertisement

It'll be Vince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think it'll be Vince also, but something is telling me that "The Donald" might opt to lose his hair. Then again, WrestleMania will pobably be the only apperance of Trump on WWE programing, so he'll have to win. I bet they will shave Vince's head during the day, put a wig on him and then reveal that he has been wearing a wig or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah it will be Vince getting shaved as Trump's hair is popular in its own right. Conan O'Brien's always taking the piss out of Trump's hair. I suspect he'll give this feud publicity when he learns what's at stake.

A bald Vince will be something to see though. I suspect he'll milk it for a few weeks and then disappear for a while.

He'd look like Bob Backlund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

It will be vince losing the hair for sure.
    after the match we will be told that vince will be shaved on monday night RAW and this is where ( as minto said) vince will have a wig on after shaving his hair earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Any ideas who with represent Trump and McMahon?

The rumours before the match was officially made was HBK for Trump and Booker for McMahon, but obviously HBK won't be involved.

I think Austin could have some involvment, either with Trump or as ref. Seeing as he is supposed to be on Raw soon to promote his film and will have some involvement in Wrestlemania.

Any ideas who with represent Trump and McMahon?

I think Lashley will be Trumps. And then for McMahon they could go with Khali, Umaga (although apparently he's paired off with someone else) or even Kennedy which could play into tonights match.

Involving Austin in some way would be a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm certain Austin will probably be a special guest referee or enforcer and will be the one who shaves Vince's head and give him a stunner and whatnot. I'm also certain the plan was for Hogan to wrestle on behalf of Trump and Khali to wrestle on behalf of Vince, Khali will still do the match. If Lashley wrestled for Trump against Khali it would be legitimatley the worst match in the history of wrestling, can't see it been Lashley thankfully!

I think Lashley will be Trumps. And then for McMahon they could go with Khali, Umaga (although apparently he's paired off with someone else) or even Kennedy which could play into tonights match.

Involving Austin in some way would be a good idea.

Was thinking that, Khali with McMahon, but can you imagine if it was to be against Austin...don't think I'd wanna see that match.

Heard rumours about Umaga being involved in another match alright. Kennedy would be a good choice for McMahon though, he plays a good heel. As you say might play into the match tonight with Lashley which wouldn't be a bad idea.

Really at the end of the day though its about McMahon, Trump and hair.

Really at the end of the day though its about McMahon, Trump and hair.

Yea, but WWE could use this to put over a new star. If Khali is Vince's rep, i'mofficially not watching this match. His matches are as painful as a 10 foot fall!

Minto wrote:
    Yea, but WWE could use this to put over a new star. !

Your right.

I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Khali though. Love his promos!

Khali actually studied English at Harvard, I can't imagine him being too happy with the way he's portrayed on Raw

Fozzy wrote:
    Khali actually studied English at Harvard, I can't imagine him being too happy with the way he's portrayed on Raw

He's a monster. Monsters shout random terrifying nonsense. Harvard English ain't part of the monster heel gimmick.

Still, it would've been original

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    Still, it would've been original

Yea, could you imagine a Striker like envioronment with Khali as a face, speaking perfect english and doing a posh english accent aswel! Comedy genius!

Pity WWE creative aren't a part of boards......

There's only one man for the job now as far as Vince is concerned - after beating Britney in a hair vs hair match, he needs to pick K-Fed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Im glad Vince picked
    Umaga, at least its not Khali, right? Putting the IC title on Umaga is a good move also, especially in the manner that he squashed Jeff last night.
    As Cactus Col said in another thread, Kane looks like a good bet for Trump's guy. I really don't see Trump being represented by Khali, he's gonna need a big babyface to represent him...and I couldn't help but notice a certain Mr. Hogan is back on the Raw Superstars page, wasn't he removed recently? I'll guess Hogan!

So I suppose it'll be the 5th WM without an IC title match. Please Trump, not Hogan! I'd bet on him picking someone off SD or ECW though, it'd got to outdo Vince's pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Well, Trump's pick has been announced:

Spoiler - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v419/cso315/002.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 DJW7

I'm not too sure about Trump winning this one.

His hair is pretty thin and he has a bit of a comb-over going on. I'd say he's only doing this so he can shave his head without having to say "Oh I had to shave it cos I was going bald"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Euurrgh the Trump/McMahon match is going to be the worst match ever :mad:

Wait a go Vince in trying to make people NOT buy Wrestlemania :rolleyes:

Well, if you look at the photo, I'm sure a lot of people will want to see this match!

Wait a go Vince in trying to make people NOT buy Wrestlemania :rolleyes:

I think your gonna be surprised when the final number for the buy rate comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Apparently, this match is getting a lot of attention in the media in the States, which is exactly what they were aiming for, not a good match.

In fact, the above photo is a screencap from an entertainment news show.

It's bound to get alot of media attention when Trump is involved.

The footage from the photoshoot was shown on 'The Daily 10' on the E! channel. It was shown here yesterday, just managed to catch that clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

If Steve austin is the ref, then i could see mcmahon losing the match, stunner to vince then trump shaves him. I have noticed lashey being pushed alot too so i'd say he's more likely to go over.

Stunner to Vinnie Jones for good measure too

Fozzy wrote:
    Stunner to Vinnie Jones for good measure too

:D We can only hope, lol.

Getting more press now as to whether it will happen;
    Credit: The Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

The Associated Press ran an article questioning that whether or not the hair vs. hair stipulation at WrestleMania 23 between Donald Trump and Vince McMahon was an April Fool’s joke because the event will take place on April 1st. WWE spokesman Gary Davis responded to the article saying that was most certainly not the case.

Haha, of course it's not an April Fool's joke, they just know nothing about wrestling

WM17 was on April Fool's day too, I remember convincing someone that half the matches wouldn't actually happen

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    WM17 was on April Fool's day too, I remember convincing someone that half the matches wouldn't actually happen

Props to you, ya evil bastard! I remember annoying half my friends by texting them "tick, tock, tick tock, (insert number of hours til WM here) more hours til Stone Cold beats The Rock" on that particular WM, lol - good times!

Advertisement