Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I clean my laptop screen?

• 16-02-2007 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I was given a small leather shammy cloth with the laptop but I think it's for the body rather than the screen. Any tips?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i use normal screenwipes and an antistatic pad to dry the screen.

incidently i think it is 'chammy' from chamois leather although I do
    like yours better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

would be careful about cleaning the screen, normally just use a lint free type cloth, like for cleaning glasses. For the plastic or laptop casing, wouldn't normally use anything stronger than soapy water (dampened cloth)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Damp piece of material clean kitchen towel or sock.

Damp not drpping wet.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

KdjaCL wrote:
    or sock.

Wouldn't chance it with my socks. Especially if they were damp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Clean ones :D

Any material that is lint free and doesnt leave bits of it on the screen, kitchen towles are the best.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I have those 3M screen wipes or if not then the stuff that comes with my eye glasses.

Advertisement