Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Someone to weld a diff in limerick?

Options
  • 16-02-2007 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

Anyone know someone to weld a diff for my cousin? He asked me this mornin but i'd no idea, i've fitted LSDs to stuff but never liked the idea of a welded diff so never did it myself, i'd give a shot at it for him but tbh I dont want to Fu*k it up so i'd be better off send him to someone who could do it properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

If its a road car do not weld the diff, might be okay for track use only but not for day to day use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

mloc123 wrote:
    If its a road car do not weld the diff, might be okay for track use only but not for day to day use.

Ha ha ah i know it's a complete bollix of a way to have a road car if you want it to drive in any way safely/ normally, that's why i favour a limited slip diff like i said above, an
    d I know what it's like, i drove a 1.6 saphire i got for free with the diff welded ont the road every day for two months. a bit annoying but he only wants the diff welded on this yoke for a bit of messin around, it'd be trailered everywhere anyway.

Anyway, that doesnt really help me....

Any ideas anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

A mechanic maybe?

A mechanic maybe?

Ha ha ha very helpful... NOT! Why would you even waste your time by lookin at this thread just to say something retarded like that?
    I know several mechanics actually but none of them want to get into welding a diff. It's not exactly something most ordinary mechanics want to do.

The point of asking this was that i was lookin for someone who'd be used to doin them and would do it properly because i'm able to weld but only alright at it, wouldnt trust myself to do it properly for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa daly

bring your car into the haulting site up in southill, ask for paddy. He does a great job! Gauranteed

• Advertisement

Ha ha ha very helpful... NOT! Why would you even waste your time by lookin at this thread just to say something retarded like that?
    I know several mechanics actually but none of them want to get into welding a diff. It's not exactly something most ordinary mechanics want to do.

The point of asking this was that i was lookin for someone who'd be used to doin them and would do it properly because i'm able to weld but only alright at it, wouldnt trust myself to do it properly for him
    If you don't want advice, then don't ask for it.

I wasted my time looking at this thread trying to help you out.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Anyone know someone to weld a diff for my cousin? He asked me this mornin but i'd no idea, i've fitted LSDs to stuff but never liked the idea of a welded diff so never did it myself, i'd give a shot at it for him but tbh I dont want to Fu*k it up so i'd be better off send him to someone who could do it properly.

There's a couple of guys out in kilcornan who do all that stuff I believe. Called Dreamworx. Work on a lot of modified cars, and I know they did something like that for one of the lads before. I'll pm you their number

If you don't want advice, then don't ask for it.

I wasted my time looking at this thread trying to help you out.

Ah get out of it you feckin tool! That wasnt advice, that was just stating the obvious. Of course i know that a mechanic is who you need, but i wanted to know a mechani clikely to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ah get out of it you feckin tool!

That's uncalled for, AsphaltRisin' - take it easy

Ah get out of it you feckin tool! That wasnt advice, that was just stating the obvious. Of course i know that a mechanic is who you need, but i wanted to know a mechani clikely to do it
    Well get out your Golden Pages, look up "Mechanics", Start at A and work your way right through to Z. I'm sure you'll find someone who'll do it, and you wont have to interact with tools like me, so everyone's a winner

• Advertisement

unkel wrote:
    That's uncalled for, AsphaltRisin' - take it easy

Ok sorry dude, point noted. Was in a bad mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa daly

Ok sorry dude, point noted. Was in a bad mood.

You were in a bad mood, Id say its more to the fact that you sound like a wanker:)

pa daly wrote:
    You were in a bad mood, Id say its more to the fact that you sound like a wanker:)

HA ha h ah aha funny man! Who are you like ? yer man's PR officer? If you do think that over one incident where i got thick with some lad who was bein smart.. then heres some advice: Dont talk to me, simple!
    This thread is now fu*ked because of you and your buddy sean keevy leaving stupid comments. Thanks a lot lads, i look for help and instead get messers like ye.
    Right, i'm out, no point usin this thread anymore

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Well get out your Golden Pages, look up "Mechanics", Start at A and work your way right through to Z. I'm sure you'll find someone who'll do it, and you wont have to interact with tools like me, so everyone's a winner
    If you're not here to help why are you here? Reported.
    pa daly wrote:

Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

pa daly wrote:

I'll let it go this time, but if you use abusive language another time, you'll be banned. And for a lot longer than a week
    Right, i'm out, no point usin this thread anymore

Closing this now. AsphaltRisin', feel free to start a new one and hopefully we'll keep it clean

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement