Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Flights

Options
  • 16-02-2007 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Im lookig to book six people onto a flight to liverpool. When I enter the details to search for a flight for six adults the return fare is 69.99, but heres the thing, if I only select one adult and do the search the flights suddenly becomes 49.99. What this about? :mad:

Seems booking for up to three people is 49.99 and anything over three people the flight is 69.99. Might just make two seperate bookings for three people. Im still confused why this is though. Anyone explain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Slunk wrote:
    Im lookig to book six people onto a flight to liverpool. When I enter the details to search for a flight for six adults the return fare is 69.99, but heres the thing, if I only select one adult and do the search the flights suddenly becomes 49.99. What this about? :mad:

Seems booking for up to three people is 49.99 and anything over three people the flight is 69.99. Might just make two seperate bookings for three people. Im still confused why this is though. Anyone explain?

The first x amound of seat are are one price , the next x at a bigger price...

when you group book it goes with the bigger price...

so yes , book two groups...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Seems odd to me why this is,thought all seats should be the same price. Two bookings it is. Cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I dont know why this should be. Ive noticed that prices can suddenly go up as seats are taken, I can only think that perhaps they only have a few seat on offer at the lower price so they are bumping you to the higher bracket for more seats. Although if it allows you to book them separately at the lower price its just peculiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Most likely there are three seats left at 49.99. The fourth seat is like 100. Averages out at 69.99 per seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

as above, thats the way its done, a certain number of seats on the flight cost X and a certain number Z and a few cost Y, thats how they can still afford to run the flights with 20 people on who only paid a penny. and the cost is normally a function of when you booked, ie the later you book the more you pay, 6 weeks is normally the golden lead time for ryan air flights.
    (I used to work in France and flew across and back every week.) there will be some business man on the same flight who will probably have paid 2-300 euro for their ticket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement