Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 repairs

• 16-02-2007 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

How do I go about getting the 360 repaired under warranty?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

if you still have your receipt bring it straight back to the shop you bought it from and get a brand new one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I assume it'd need to have completely stopped working for that? My problem isn't that serious. It's just getting pretty impossible to play FIFA atm.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055044996

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

No, if its not working how it should then you have the right to return it!

you should have no problems with it at all , take it back.

my own 360 died at 14 months old and i'm refusing to pay the €128 repair fee to get it fixed , i posted off a message to consumer affairs last night and i have just finished talking to a very helpful gentleman who has advised me to go back to the shop i bought the 360 from as my contract is with them and that even though the 12 warranty is up i'm still covered under the sale of goods act as the goods i bought had to be fit for the purpose and of merchantable quality . i don't belive that to be the case with the launch 360's and i will take it to the small claims court if i have to .

Thanks, I'll bring it to the shop next week. Although, since I can hardly even explain my problem on the internet I'll just have to tell them it keeps freezing. :)

• Advertisement

Ironically I just turned the Xbox on and went to start a match only to get a black screen and I had to turn it off. The receipt isn't where I thought it was. Checked a few drawers and can't find it. If I don't find it is that me screwed?

Actually, the receipt is used to show that it was bought in Smyths and is under 12 months old I presume.

It's a Gears of War Bundle so obviously less than 12 months old since that was released in November.

The bundle I got (GoW, Fifa 07, PGR3, Arcade V2, Lego Star Wars) was surely unique to Smyths aswell. Arcade V2 was inside the PGR3 box with "Not for Resale" on the cover.

Would they let me off without a receipt?

well i have just returned from my local smyths with a brand new replacment xbox 360 and my xbox 360 was out of warranty :D

it pays to know your rights , chance your arm and be a regular customer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Glad to hear you got it sorted Clover.

Too bad you sold all that stuff though. ;) Viva Pinata is seriously addictive.

thanks Makaveli , i had to much xbox 360 stuff anyway and now have the money up for a ps3 and with viva pinata you won't feel the hours fly past , enjoy it.

• Advertisement

Hi Clover

Thanks for telling me about consumer affairs. Is there a web address or contact number to get onto consumer affairs regarding this issue. My xbox is broken and it is also passed the warrenty. Its broken yet again. This is the third time

thanks

i posted a question Hereon thursday night and i got a phone call from them on friday afternoon , i got some advice from them and they gave me the number of the small claims court and i also rang them and had a chat with them prior to going down to the shop.

when i went down i had a nice calm chat with the manager about it and in the end he said he would replace the 360 for me , knowing where you stand helps alot as even though your 12 months are past your contract is still with the shop not the manufacture.

best of luck .

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Clover did you need the receipt? Did you need to tell the manager about small claims court and everything or was it a matter of just sayin ' I know my rights'???

What Im trying to find out is do we all need to go through the steps you did or can we simply go straight to the shop with the console??

it will all depend on the shop if you will need your receipt or not but have it with you just in case , now when the manager rang his head office and explained the suitation to them they said it was his call and he made the call in my favor and he stated that he had seen me around the shop a few times before and i was a regular customer .

now when i was talking to him i dropped who i was talking to into the conversation and basically pushed the fact that to many of the 360's are breaking down either within the first 12 months or soon after and that was not good enough as far as i was concerned.

* click the link in post # 13 and fire them off a question and they will reply to you soon enough ( i left my phone number and they rang me the next day ) . the more people that do this and explain there problems the better for all as at least the problem will be noted.

Advertisement