Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some people just don't have a common decency

• 16-02-2007 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Sorry, couldn't find that old rant thread so, had to create a new one.

Anyways, 2 days ago, standing in a bank queue, and along come this stupid ****ing b**** with a kid, who is obviously sick of flu, this kid is coughing his lungs out, his cough is deeper than Mariana Trench, and he is coughing all over the place. So I think to myself "oh, fecking great!" and try to move away.

Anyways, I come home, and bam! my head starts to ache, I drink a panadol quick, it's gone, so I think, phew!............. next morning, I wake up, wait a minute, it feels like I swallowed a pack of razors, and here we go... yesterday night, it was so fecking bad I could not sleep, cause everytime I'd swallow a saliva, it felt like I was swallowing sharp edged chicken bones. And WHY? because this b****! didn't have just basic decency to keep her child at home, instead she chose to take him all over the place and cause people trouble, atleast she could've told him to cover his mouth.

Duh! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

are you for REAL???
    What if she NEEDED to go to the bank? what if she didnt have anyone to mind her child?
    what should she do, leave her child at home?, maybe she was on the way to the Dr.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

CyberGhost wrote:

Anyways, 2 days ago, standing in a bank queue, and along come this stupid ****ing b**** with a kid, who is obviously sick of flu, this kid is coughing his lungs out, his cough is deeper than Mariana Trench, and he is coughing all over the place. So I think to myself "oh, fecking great!" and try to move away.

Anyways, I come home, and bam! my head starts to ache, I drink a panadol quick, it's gone, so I think, phew!............. next morning, I wake up, wait a minute, it feels like I swallowed a pack of razors, and here we go... yesterday night, it was so fecking bad I could not sleep, cause everytime I'd swallow a saliva, it felt like I was swallowing sharp edged chicken bones. And WHY? because this b****! didn't have just basic decency to keep her child at home, instead she chose to take him all over the place and cause people trouble, atleast she could've told him to cover his mouth.

You make me sick Cyber Ghost.

The poor mother obviously had to go to the bank to withdraw her last 7 euro so she can buy her poor weak kid some hot soup, lemsip and maybe some bread if she has enough money left over.

She obviously can't leave the kid at home because social servises warned her of the consequences if she tried that again. Babysitters not an option unless theres a new company opened up recently called "We mind babies for free"

Yeah but the main point of this story is that you've got a tickly cough and a bit of a snotty nose. No offence Cyber Ghost but you need to sit down and have a long hard think about what sort of person you've become. Shame on you.:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I kinda doubt you even know what common decency is.
    Maybe some sleep will help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah and I'm sure you'd be the worst in the world if you were smoking anywhere near her drooing little cabbage.
    It's like people on the bus who sit behind me coughing and hacking down the back of my neck... nobody gives a shít once they're sick themselves.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Some smoke n germs will do you good.
    Cant be mollycoddled yer whole life u know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Are you refering to yourself in the thread title?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Femmy wrote:
    are you for REAL???
    What if she NEEDED to go to the bank? what if she didnt have anyone to mind her child?
    what should she do, leave her child at home?, maybe she was on the way to the Dr.?

She was driving a 06 Golf, I'm pretty sure she could afford to leave her son with someone

i didnt say she couldnt afford it, simply she didnt have anyone....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Listen there is a mission going into space next month and NASA have one free seat. Go get it and go to space you will be protected there.

For GOD sake we all get sick and we all make things and sometime affect others.I never had problem if someone is sick and walking in public place

I can be in the same situation.

did u never went out of ur house when u were sick ?

CyberGhost you definately picked the write Nickname for you ...:D

Femmy wrote:
    i didnt say she couldnt afford it, simply she didnt have anyone....

Is it my fault?
    Listen there is a mission going into space next month and NASA have one free seat. Go get it and go to space you will be protected there.

For GOD sake we all get sick and we all make things and sometime affect others.I never had problem if someone is sick and walking in public place

I can be in the same situation.

CyberGhost you definately picked the write Nickname for you ...:D

Ok ok, I might have overreacted while writing this thread, mainly cause I was drinking water, and it hurt so damn bad(yes I'm sissy)
    did u never went out of ur house when u were sick ?

Yes, but I never cough in people's faces, I always use a kleenex or a handcachief, I know it was just a little kid, and I don't blame him, but, she, this makes me wonder now, if she was even treating that kid? I mean the kid is running and choking coughing and she is just standing there not paying attention.

• Advertisement

CyberGhost wrote:
    Is it my fault?

Is it hers? or maybe its her childs?...maybe she could have put the child with a childminder or a creche...but then how would she get the child to the doctor (which is where she was possibly going on the day in question)...but to put the child with a childminder or a creche would probably make all the other children sick, which would probably be a worse situation of you ending up with a sore throat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

I feel sorry for you that you got sick because of the germs from the girls <which you claim>

The best thing you could have done is when u saw that she has flue you could have moved away and avoided all this.

You said she was widthdrawing money from ATM. May be she is taking child to GP also when you are sick you dont give **** about manners as sickness rules you and its not a good situation to be in.

CyberGhost wrote:
    Yes, but I never cough in people's faces, I always use a kleenex or a handcachief, I know it was just a little kid, and I don't blame him, but, she, this makes me wonder now, if she was even treating that kid? I mean the kid is running and choking coughing and she is just standing there not paying attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Richard W

CyberGhost wrote:

I love the way you're spinning this now to show that you're really just feeling bad to the poor kid who isn't being treated for his cold.

People can't always keep their kids at home. If they can't find anyone it's insanely irresponsible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

CyberGhost wrote:

good man

as a kid you never coughed near anyone, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Femmy wrote:
    are you for REAL???
    Even if this was true; I don't see how any of this is CyberGhosts (or anyone elses) problem.
    It's equally likely that she was nipping out to buy NOW magazine and 20 fags, we don't know.

Besides, the kid would probably be better off getting plenty of bed-rest than being dragged around running errands as mammys little disease bag.
    I don't see what the big deal is with leaving the kid at home for half an hour, if you haven't raised him well enough not to drink bleach, answer the door to strangers or set the house on fire while you're out then she shouldn't have kids at all.

I usually don't mind getting a cold, as I expect one or two every year... but catching something when it was avoidable and spread directly to you as a result of someone catering to their own convenience is irritating.
    Unlike the rest of you mob-mentality bandwagon-jumpers I support CyberGhosts right to be píssed off about this.
    Keep sick people the fúck away from me tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Yeah and what about midgets and other hideous freaks walking down the street in plain view of normal people?What about those deformed monsters who dont have the common decency to hide indoors where they wont upset proper,normal people.You're right OP,the sick should not be allowed out at all..into sanatoria with the whole lot of 'em before they infect the rest of us with thier contagion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Sorry OP as unpleasant as the little brat might have been, he's not the cause of your illness. Exposure to onset of symptoms is too short for colds or flu.

Besides, the kid would probably be better off getting plenty of bed-rest than being dragged around running errands as mammys little disease bag.
    I don't see what the big deal is with leaving the kid at home for half an hour, if you haven't raised him well enough not to drink bleach, answer the door to strangers or set the house on fire while you're out then she shouldn't have kids at all.

Look , we dont even know how old this kid is, i was just presuming the kid was well..a kid. Would you leave a 5 yr old at home? So maybe it was a "big deal" to leave the kid at home. and like other people have said, she might have the kid out and about to go to the dr... i doubt a dr would do a house call to a child with a bad cough.
    OP, what age was this kid?

Jimoslimos wrote:
    Sorry OP as unpleasant as the little brat might have been, he's not the cause of your illness. Exposure to onset of symptoms is too short for colds or flu.

With any degree of luck its Lassa fever he has :D

Richard W wrote:
    I love the way you're spinning this now to show that you're really just feeling bad to the poor kid who isn't being treated for his cold.

People can't always keep their kids at home. If they can't find anyone it's insanely irresponsible.

Look, I don't care about the kid, I don't care about the woman, all I wanted to do was go into the bank, do my job and leave, well I did my job, and left with a flu, and this cost me 2 days of sitting at home because of the people I don't even know. And can't even complain about it?

Degsy, now you're really exaggerating it.

Thanks for the support DonkeyStyle!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

there is no way you had the flu, you had a cold and you didn't get it off the kid. also 'common decency'?? sweet jesus, talk about a Kevin Barry!

Degsy wrote:
    With any degree of luck its Lassa fever he has :D

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

CyberGhost wrote:
    Yes, but I never cough in people's faces
    Did the kid cough directly into your face? If so you can complain. Otherwise you don't even know if you got it from him.
    CyberGhost wrote:
    Degsy, now you're really exaggerating it.
    I assume he did this to make a point.

By the way,MOST people have never actually had influenza.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza

People who have a bit of a cold and a sneeze often claim to have "the flu",but beleive me if they had they'd know about it.

Alright alright, I'm a bad person, I deserved everything I got, I admit it, bah... now let it go...

CyberGhost wrote:
    Alright alright, I'm a bad person, I deserved everything I got, I admit it, bah... now let it go...

i can't, i have no common decency. :D

lol, maybe I should change my nickname to that? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

1) how do you know she drove a Golf 06'?

2) WHY CANT SHE LEAVE THE CONTAGIOUS LITTLE B* IN THE CAR?

I mean sure I do feel for situation of mother and sick child but also consider the crowded-stuffy-bank scenario as well.

but cyber: just what exactly did you do? did you even bother to cover your own mouth? breathe through the awl nose? take some preventative measures of any kind??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Chances are high to very high that you were inevitably going to catch this flu at some stage anyhow, since half the country seems to be either trying to shake the remnants of the cough it causes, or are in the throes of the sore throat/fever/f*cked muscles stage.

I had it last wek during that colld easterly wind and I couldn't get warm no matter what...I'm still coughing and spluttering like someone that smokes 60 a day too more than a week later...

Flu is only contagious in the last 1/3 of the infection stages when your body is fighting it off so you're much more likely to catch it from someone who doesn't even appear to have the full blown symptoms.

[edit] degsy, I haven't had a dose like this in about 4-5 yrs...defo a flu; the only thing I wasn't doing was puking and it's probably only cos I wasn't eating (or fit to eat)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Degsy wrote:
    Yeah and what about midgets and other hideous freaks walking down the street in plain view of normal people?What about those deformed monsters who dont have the common decency to hide indoors where they wont upset proper,normal people.You're right OP,the sick should not be allowed out at all..into sanatoria with the whole lot of 'em before they infect the rest of us with thier contagion.

Also fat people. I mean, they might go on a rampage and start eating decent citizens at any moment! I'm writing to McDowell to ask him to ban them!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

CyberGhost wrote:

2 things.
    if the kid had flu, he wouldnt have been able to walk.
    i hate people that mix up a bad does of lurgi with the flu. flu this, flu that. if you have ever had the flu, and i have, you will know all about it.

and point 2, it takes at least 3 days for a cold to set in, so id go back one more day before the incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I must say, I do find really chesty coughs make me shudder. My nephew had a chest infection a few weeks ago, it's really hard to listen to/ be around. He has no common decency though. He even wears a nappy.:)

Tbh OP the chances are you picked that up somewhere else. Respiratory infections are rampant lately, it was even on the news about two nights ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm a bit more worried whenever I hear people with dry coughs. They just seem to be more prolonged and the person usually looks visibly hurt after them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm stunned by some people's stupidity.

You thought you were sick, so you took some panadol, which suppresses symptoms, and expected that to be the end of it?

Its like a guy who turns away from his burning house and sighs in relief. "Ah, thats better." He's then shocked and apalled when it turns out his house burned down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

CyberGhost wrote:
    She was driving a 06 Golf, I'm pretty sure she could afford to leave her son with someone

Maybe you caught the dose from junior-snotzer while you were stalking and perving on his Yummy-Mummy ?

- with your crap immune system and banking habits noted I suggest that you invest in one of those self-contained oxygen-fed plastic bubbles to protect yourself......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

agreed op was well mean but he did have a point bout the childs mam should have gently reminded him to cover his mouth and op was prob grumpy as he was sick but obviously doesn't have kids???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

While I don't know if Cyber Ghost caught his cold from the kid, I support the sentiment of his post.

Some days I could murder the ignorant fools who spread their filthy germs in queues or on public transport.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

CyberGhost wrote:

Could have been worse, the child could have been carrying a gun to rob the bank... You'd be ****ed then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

I just won the euromillions,my girlfriend decided to let me try her one way street and my daffodils sprung up in january...yip its the perfect freekin world at last

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:None of the above happened(including the girlfriend)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Let the man have his rant. No need for a spanish inquisition! Rants are always over the top and lacking in proper foresight, give the man a break.

Down with sick people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 invadernim

you forget that the incubation period for viruses (presuming that it was the flu the child had and that was indeed what you had) is a minimum a 4-5 days (from exposure to the virus to the very first showing of symptoms, obviously this is generalisation and some viruses take longer to manifest)

There is no way, if you were infected by this child, you would have began feeling the onset of symptoms when you got home (unless it took you a week to get home)

What you have there is a coincident....

Not commenting on people with children or sick children, just that the fact that you got sick was probably nothing to do with that particular child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Awh the poor little kid. If a grown man feels that bad imagine how the wee one feels.

Cant comment on the Mum though. I'd only bring my sick child out if i really really had to i.e. to the doctor - and possibly stopping off at the bank to get the money to pay said doctor. We'll never know if she was just stupid or genuinely had no choice.

Men really are bad patients though :rolleyes:

you forget that the incubation period for viruses (presuming that it was the flu the child had and that was indeed what you had) is a minimum a 4-5 days (from exposure to the virus to the very first showing of symptoms, obviously this is generalisation and some viruses take longer to manifest)

Symptoms of a common cold (presumably that's what this is) can start appearing after a day, not a few hours though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i hate people who go out on an evening with a contageous illness of some sort and then proceed to go to a place that has a large number of people, eg. the local drinking house. those people are scum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

You got you "head cold" a few days earlier, more than likely from shaking hands with someone who was infected, a 5 year old child coughing in a bank 2 hours before your symptems certainly did not infect you. ( were you watching outbreak recently by any chance ? :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Overheal wrote:
    1) how do you know she drove a Golf 06'?

Because he's STALKING her. :)

Let the man have his rant. No need for a spanish inquisition! Rants are always over the top and lacking in proper foresight, give the man a break.

Down with sick people.

just because he wasn't expecting it doesn't mean there was no need for it.

(do you see what I did there? eh? eh?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i hate people who go out on an evening with a contageous illness of some sort and then proceed to go to a place that has a large number of people, eg. the local drinking house. those people are scum
    Yeah, I agree. A 5 year old couldn't help it, but it really pisses me off to see people old enough to have more sense out in public with a sickness. Used to happen loads in school, one person got sick, came in and it spread. Assholes.

They should all do what the lepers did, and wear bells. Then we can run away shouting "disease, disease!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Argh! Contain the stupid thread virus! Some people just have the common cold. Get over it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement