Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S&S DEB Pre?

Options
  • 16-02-2007 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I'm not expecting a quick response here!

I sat it today, it compulsory Q1 on vegetables and vitamin C, Q2 on obseity and lipids and Q3 on the refrigerator, is this the DEB? I'm guessing it is coz so far, every pre I've done has been DEB...

What do you make of this pre? I thought it was lovely to sit but far too easy, compared to normally, especially the short questions, I was able to answer all 12 which I am never able to do (eg in 06, 05, 04 papers I could answer 5 or 6) and there wasn't much thought in the questions... It nearly always seemed to be 'List' or 'Give properties'.... Not too much explaining or thought to do, not that I'm complaining! :D

Social studies elective question was vague and hard enough though...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

What is DEB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

DEB is a company that does mock papers, although there is loads that does them, we didnt get dEB our compulsory q was on folic acid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What's S&S? :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

geminilady wrote:
    DEB is a company that does mock papers, although there is loads that does them, we didnt get dEB our compulsory q was on folic acid

That was meant to be a tough paper! Few of my friends did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

....How do you tell if it's DEB? Mine was the Folic Acid one. I failed it good.

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote:
    ....How do you tell if it's DEB? Mine was the Folic Acid one. I failed it good.

Usually it says it on the very back page. But DEB is the most common one as far as I know...

The Folic Acid one was meant to be very hard! What else came up?

We got Vitamin C, Obesity/Lipids, the Refrigerator..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

SES/Home ec. people have to explain the Refrigerator?
    I know its not that hard to understand,but really thought this was reserved for physics people.
    Its not funny how little I know about SES.

Naikon wrote:
    SES/Home ec. people have to explain the Refrigerator?
    I know its not that hard to understand,but really thought this was reserved for physics people.
    Its not funny how little I know about SES.

Yes. The Home Ec course is horribly diverse...

The typical 'food studies' part accounts for only 45% of the course.

The rest consists of Consumer Studies (Business studies related material), Social Studies (similar to a mix of things... but harder) and your elective. Then there's your project. Ugh! What an awkward course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

So what exactly came up on that pre? My teacher is making up her own pre but she is basing it on the DEB pre.

know in detail: refrigerator, vegetables, vitamin C, production of oils, fats/lipids.. my memory of it isn't too clear but give those few a blast!

• Advertisement
Advertisement